Staying on top of award-winning Philadelphia news is now faster and easier than ever with The Philadelphia Inquirer’s iPhone and iPad app: the official iOS news app for The Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News.
With The Philadelphia Inquirer App You Can:
• Discover the latest breaking news and important updates with our intuitive news feed and uncluttered reading experience.
• Explore the news topics you care about from sports teams like the Eagles and Phillies to local news with our seamless section navigation.
• Remember the stories that matter to you with quick action buttons for bookmarking and sharing.
• Never miss a story with digital all-access subscriptions, available as an in-app purchase.
• Alerts and Notifications - be the first to know with verified breaking news. Easily access breaking news articles with one click on a notification.
• Newsletter signups - stay on top of the news in your email inbox. Sign up for the newsletters you’d like to receive to get the very best of The Philadelphia Inquirer.
• Frequent Updates - stay connected with 24/7 coverage and other important news throughout the day.
• Log In - use your existing inquirer.com email and password or Register for a new account.
• Personalized Feed - customize the news feed to follow the topics that matter most to you. Switch between your personalized feed and Latest Headlines with just a tap.
• Custom Text Size - read more comfortably with the ability to increase/decrease article font sizes.
• Split Screen Support - use The Philadelphia Inquirer App and other apps at the same time on compatible iPads.
• Today Widget and Haptic Touch - quickly access the latest headlines from your Apple widget menu. Get a sneak peak of the latest headlines by pressing and holding the app icon.
We'd love to hear your feedback! Reach out to our support team under Settings > Submit Feedback.
• Improved subscriber login handling
• Article formatting improvements
• Bug fixes
We'd love to hear from you: Tap Submit Feedback in the Settings menu to share your feedback with The Philadelphia Inquirer app team.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I always have appreciated the Inquirer and the writers who work hard researching & writing good articles. My only suggestion would be a more balanced approach to writing about sex abuse scandals which seem to be rampant across many pubic & private organizations, and religious institutions. However, Inquirer only seems to focus on the Catholic Church with front page coverage. Please also write articles on the millions of people the Catholic church assists with life saving care, food & support. Thank you!
Too liberal and biased
The Inquire loses money because it is a liberal, biased news organization. Left wing liberal nuts may appreciate the progressive non journalistic views but the Inquire must realize that these nut jobs don’t buy or read the news. Even the Inquire sports writers add their liberal viewpoints to sports. What ever happened to just writing the news? What ever happened to true and honest investigator journalist? And the Inquire cannot figure out why they lose money and readership? Simple question- why does Fox News have the highest number of viewers, at times higher than their competition combined? If a Main stream media outlet follows Fox’s footprint they too would be the leader in viewership or readership. Left wing liberals do not have an understanding of reality.
Over the past few updates, the user interface has improved makedly. The developer listens to feedback, and it shows.
There was a serious problem on iPad right after the last update, which now seems to have been caused by rogue ads.
Ad curation is the greatest weakness. Once in a while, an ad is an obvious fraud, but such junk is pulled quickly upon reprting.
- Philadelphia Media Network (Digital), LLC
- 93.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © The Philadelphia Inquirer, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Inquirer Digital Subscription $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.