Staying on top of award-winning Philadelphia news is now faster and easier than ever with The Philadelphia Inquirer’s iPhone and iPad app; the official iOS news app for The Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News.
WITH THE PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER APP YOU CAN:
• DISCOVER the latest breaking news and important updates with our intuitive news feed and uncluttered reading experience.
• EXPLORE the news topics you care about from sports teams like the Eagles and Phillies to local news with our seamless section navigation.
• REMEMBER the stories that matter to you with quick action buttons for bookmarking and sharing.
• Alerts and Notifications - be the first to know with verified breaking news. Easily access breaking news articles with one click on a notification.
• Multitasking Support - conveniently use another app with The Philadelphia Inquirer App at the same time on compatible iOS devices.
• Text Size Customization - read more comfortably with the ability to increase/decrease article font sizes.
• Frequent Updates - stay connected with 24/7 coverage and other important news throughout the day.
• 3D Touch Support - get a sneak peak of the latest headlines by pressing and holding our app icon.
• Today Widget - quickly access the latest headlines from your Apple widget menu.
THE PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER FOR IMESSAGE:
• Now you can share articles recently read or bookmarked without ever leaving Apple's Messages App.
• Enable the iMessage extension inside the Messages App Store and start sending articles as easily as text messaging.
APPLE WATCH - KEY FEATURES:
• Get the latest news instantly on your watch screen with the ability to bookmark and read later from your iPhone or iPad.
• Stay ahead with alerts and notifications conveniently on your watch screen.
Be a part of the future for Philadelphia news with The Philadelphia Inquirer app.
Have feedback? Reach out to our support team under Settings > Submit Feedback.
Minor design updates and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I always have appreciated the Inquirer and the writers who work hard researching & writing good articles. My only suggestion would be a more balanced approach to writing about sex abuse scandals which seem to be rampant across many pubic & private organizations, and religious institutions. However, Inquirer only seems to focus on the Catholic Church with front page coverage. Please also write articles on the millions of people the Catholic church assists with life saving care, food & support. Thank you!
Safe injection sites
Daily News and it’s journalists and there support of sites reflect predictable liberal emotion based journalism! Only because it’s Kensington the Mayor with Philly Media support try to ram sites down throats of taxpayers from Kensington! If this epidemic were at Rittenhouse Square I believe this approach would not be tolerated! What Kensington needs is the National Guard standing on every drug dealing corner. Why didn’t Mike Newell who’s family came from kensington buy his home here instead of Queen Village? So much for skin in the game! Afraid of hepatitis A? Stepping on thousands of syringes? This safe site approach is a disgrace. The Mayor is a disgrace for letting it get to this point! When all supporters move into Kensington and get a real feel of quality of life here then will accept there position, until then I will not!
Proud of our local paper
I’m so proud of the strides the Inquirer has made over the last year. Continuing their great reporting on important local issues is obviously essential but finally having a more streamlined app to read the news on the go is almost better. Keep up the good work!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.