This app is the most beautiful learning tool designed for those who are learning the pronunciations of the English language. It is developed with interactive models of oral visualization and the up-to-date knowledge of the instructional theory on English listening.
The app offers simple explanations based on the knowledge of the English phonetics, most of which has been only known to the experts.
In addition, it provides users with speech sounds recorded by native speakers, along with the visual models of the oral movements and the breath flow uniquely developed with our computer graphics and speech processing techniques.
This application is designed for students, teachers, and those who are learning English to study abroad or for business purposes.
Read the following explanations for the main functions of the app.
1. You can play 41 different phonemes observed in American English by touching the 3D simulation model of the oral structure on the screen.
Along with the model, you can find step-by-step explanations on how to pronounce each phoneme on the bottom of the screen.
You can switch the male speaker to the female speaker for the recording of speech sounds.
2. You can also play 500 frequent English words selected from one-billion-words text data.
Along with the speech sounds by native English speakers, the interactive 3D model offers you with the intuitive visual images of 'the movement of the tongue', 'the flow of the air in the mouth', and where to pay attention to during the pronunciation.
The app is also equipped with the functions such as 'play in slow motion' and 'play by the phonemes', which can be useful for beginners.
3. It presents 48 pairs of similar sounds and pronunciations such as 'the difference between R and L'.
4. It describes 44 pronunciation techniques often observed in native speakers' speech, based on the articulatory mechanism of the oral structure.
It is a most useful tool for those who wish to learn the basics of the English pronunciations and move on to the next step.
- iOS 15 support.
- iPhone 13 / iPhone 13 mini / iPhone 13 Pro / iPhone 13 Pro Max support.
- Bluetooth headset support.
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't load now
This used to be a great app. The illustrations really are beautiful. But I upgraded to the latest version and now it won't load at all. Very sad. I would have given it 5 stars of I could still use it.
Well underrated app. Very good for ESL learner's.
First, I am not a native English speaker. So I am speaking as an English learner. It's a such great app that I'm very surprised it didn't get more popularity. The first release was almost five years ago. If you are an ESL learner and looking for a way to improve pronunciations, look no further. It can definitely help you.
If it had quizzes I could give it a better rating. How am I supposed to test my knowledge with this app?
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fuminori Homma
- 38.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 i2v
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.