This comprehensive guide will help all photographers, whether beginners or experts, capture the grandeur of Yosemite with their cameras. Every aspect of photographing this magnificent park is covered:
• In-depth descriptions of 40 outstanding locations including the classic Yosemite Valley views, high country, and surrounding areas.
• Locations Filter—a unique feature that allows you to quickly find the best photo spots for any month and time of day.
• Over 100 stunning photographs show you what you can see at each location.
• Detailed maps and directions.
• Clear, logical layout makes it easy to find the information you need.
• Lots of photography tips to help you capture better images of the park, including Exposure for Digital Cameras, Composition, Depth of Field, HDR and Exposure Blending, Photographing Waterfalls and Cascades, Clearing Storms, and more.
• Sunrise and sunset times
• Seasonal Planning Guide helps you find unique photo opportunities for each month.
• Written by acclaimed landscape photographer Michael Frye, a 25-year Yosemite resident and leading expert on photography in Yosemite.
• Based on the popular book, The Photographer’s Guide to Yosemite—the bible of Yosemite photography.
• Fully functional without an internet connection.
• Fully optimized for iPads.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what you need to max out your Yosemite trip
This excellent app is ideal for use both before and while in Yosemite. It offers great organization and dead on advice by location, season and difficulty of terrain. Frye has a book by the same title and it too is very good, but when in the park, working to find as many opportunities as possible the app is the indispensable tool.
It contains a great deal of park information but also a wealth of precise info on how, when and why to shoot particular spots at a given time.
There is no other app like it and when combined with Google Earth you can really benefit from Frye's years of experience in the park to make the most of whatever time you have in any season.
Great Planning Tool
This is really a great tool from someone who really knows Yosemite. It made planning much easier. The only problem I ran into is that the app does not remember filter settings when you exit. If I've set my filter to winter months for a certain area, then leave the app to make note in another app, my filter is gone when I return. It's ok, I dug up an old pencil. It would be nice to have the settings remembered or better yet, a place within the app to make notes or bookmark a page.
Don't let these comments deter you though. You should have this app if planning a trip toYosemite.
Put at the top of your Yosemite Planning List
All I have to say is Wow! Anyone who is planning to do any photography in Yosemite who does not have this app in their pocket is simply going to miss something. A lot of somethings. And even if they find what they're looking for there' a good chance it will be the wrong time, wrong ;location or even wrong settings. I was amazed the degree of coverage I now have at my fingertips and completely confident it is delivered by someone who knows the park as well as anyone else on the planet. Just superb work! Thank you!
The developer, Michael Frye Photography, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Michael FRYE
- 103.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Michael Frye - All Rights Reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.