Based on Ken Follett's world-bestseller, ‘The Pillars of the Earth’ retells the story of the village of Kingsbridge in a whole new interactive way. Play as Jack, Aliena and Philip and change the events of the book through exploration, decision-making and dialogues. This interactive novel is released in three 'books', containing 7 chapters each. This season pass includes access to all three books, which will be automatically will be available as downloadable updates soon.
12th century, England: In a time of great poverty and war, a small town begins the construction of a cathedral to claim wealth and security for its people. In their struggle to survive, lives and destinies intertwine. Philip the monk becomes prior of the small abbey of Kingsbridge. At the same time, a boy called Jack is raised in the woods by his outlawed mother. His apprenticeship as a stonemason paves his way to become a gifted master builder. Together with the disgraced noblewoman Aliena, Jack and Philip begin the construction of one of the greatest cathedrals England will ever see.
A full season of content spanning over 3 parts:
Book 1: From the Ashes (available now)
Book 2: Sowing the Wind (available now)
Book 3: The Eye of the Storm (available now)
- One of the most successful novels of all time, now adapted as a three-part videogame series
- Change events from the novel and influence the fates of its characters
- Follow an epic of war, conspiracies and romance spanning over 30 years
- Three different playable characters: Jack the outsider, Aliena the noblewoman and Philip the monk
- Brings the 12th century to life with over 200 handpainted backgrounds
- Fully animated in a unique 2D style
- Orchestral Soundtrack by the FILMharmonic Orchestra, Prague
- Full voice over in English and German, featuring Glen McCready as Philip, Naomi Sheldon as Aliena and Cody Molko and Alex Jordan as the young and adult Jack
- With a special appearance by Ken Follett as the voice of the Cantor
OS: Mac OSX 10.12
Processor: 2,9 Ghz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with at least 1GB
Storage: 11 GB available space
Sound Card: 16 bit
Release of Book 3: The Eye of the Storm
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve read the book and watched the mini-series. While the book is, of course, the best version of this story, it’s fun to play it out here. And the artwork is beautiful, and honors the artwork in the opening credits of the mini-series. Another reviewer said the game was too similar to 1990s games, but I enjoyed that retro feel, myself. It was more money than I typically would have spent on a game but I believe in supporting authors I like and their projects. Ken Follett is an amazing author, so I’m happy to pay the premium to show my support for his work.
Daedalic Never Disappoints
The Pillars of the Earth is an incredibly beautiful game, with a captivating story. The game is fairly longer than most point-and-click adventures, which makes it well worth the price. There is some replay value as you can make a number of decisions affecting the outcome of certain chapters. I'm interested in watching and reading the entire series now that I've finished the game!
Spurned Interest in Book
I had never even heard of this series before playing the game. I thought it was very enjoyable and it made me go out and buy the book because I was intrigued by the plot
The developer, Daedalic Entertainment GmbH, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Daedalic Entertainment Gmbh
- 12.8 GB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- ©2017, 1989 Daedalic Entertainment GmbH and Ken Follett. The Daedalic logo is a registered trademark of Daedalic Entertainment GmbH. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.