The best podcast app & podcast player to find, save, download, and listen to your favorite podcasts, FM, radio, and audiobooks.
【New Feature】Join the millions experiencing better bedtime, lower stress, and less anxiety with Zen mode on Castbox!
Access over 95 million audio content including podcasts, audiobooks, FM radio and more in 27 different countries on iPhone and Apple Watch. Discover popular podcasts on various topics including:
- TV Series podcasts: Binge Mode: Game of Thrones, Game of Thrones The Podcast, History of Westeros (Game of Thrones), Game of Thrones LIVE;
- News & Politics podcasts: CNN 10, NPR News Now, Fox News Radio Newscast, The Overcast by The Seattle Times;
- Music-related podcasts: Dissect from Cole Cuchna & Spotify Studios, Defected Radio, Capital FM;
- Games & Hobbies podcasts: Wolverine: The Lost Trail from Stitcher;
- Sports podcasts: The Ringer MLB Show, MLB Network, The Chicago Audible;
- Technology podcasts: The Overcast Podcast, This Week in Google, Google Cloud Platform Podcasts;
- Talk Shows: Sincerely, X from TED and Audible, By The Book from Stitcher, Luminary from Luminary.fm
- Business podcast:s Youpreneur FM Podcast;
- Sleep: Sleep With Me, Guided Sleep Meditations, Sleep and Relax ASMR
Super intuitive and easy-to-use podcast app & podcast player for iPhone with：
- Personalized podcast recommendations according to your podcast list
- A powerful search engine that allows you to find your favorite podcasts effortlessly
- Smooth streaming and downloading of podcasts, radio, FM, and audiobooks
- Smart speakers supported, including Apple HomePod, Amazon Alexa
- Fully support cross-device syncing for iPhone/Apple Watch/Google Devices
- Daily top podcasts list
- One-click subscription and never miss an episode for every podcast
- Sleep timer to fall asleep soundly
- Adjust playback speed during the podcast to accommodate your listening habits
- Volume Boost
- Trim Silence
- CarPlay Support
- Podcast Community
- Livecast: live audio streaming service
- Import your favorite podcasts with OPML from Google podcast, Overcast, iHeartradio, Pocket Casts, Podbean, Podcast Addict, Spotify, Stitcher, the Podcast app, Tunein, and apple podcast app!
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/castbox.fm
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CastBox_FM
Good to see you again here, podcast fans!
Castbox now supports iOS 13 Dark Mode. To enable Castbox dark mode for iOS 13, you can switch to the ‘Personal’ tab, Navigate to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Theme’ ->’Use Device Settings’
We also improved the overall reliability to present you with better listening experience.
Leave us your reviews and feedback, it means a lot to us.
Ratings and Reviews
Is this the one?
It might be the one. Like many people, from time to time I just get too frustrated with Apple’s Podcasts app and I go searching for something better. I think I’ve tried basically every alternative, and there’s always some reason why I go back to Apple. But Apple just can’t seem to get it right. I don’t understand. I really like Apple products and software design in general.
Anyway, I’ve only just started using this one, but it appears it’s just perfect for me. It’s got the right balance of clean, attractive design, easy usability, and general features. It doesn’t have the fullest set of features out there, but I have found that the ones that do are just more complicated than what I want to deal with for podcast management.
For me, I like a clean interface, intuitive management of downloads and playlists, and, most important, a great searching platform that makes it easy to find both podcasts to subscribe to but also individual episodes that feature people or subjects I’m interested in. This one seems to have it all—and no ads! (My other favorite, “Podcast App,” was just as good but had annoying full screen pop-up ads.)
Developer Response ,
Hi, we really appreciate your kind words. Your support means so much to us, and we always welcome any future feedback or comments you may have. We will continue to update our app, add more features, make CastBox better and better for you, and strive to deliver the best user experience around. Thank you very much for your kind support! :-) - Sarah
So much to like about this app but there are several key issues which need to be addressed especially for a premium app.
The biggest and most important is that the app has trouble picking up new episodes and showing them in the new releases section. Maybe it’s because I have a lot of subscriptions but I went through my shows individually and found seven new episodes that the app had not surfaced. Of all the features a podcast app must get right, this is number one. Until this is fixed, I can’t recommend people trust the app.
Secondly, if you share the link to an episode and the person opens it on a computer, they get a nice web interface to listen in. This is a great way to share and to get people curious about the app. Unfortunately, they’ve taken the opposite tactic on mobile. If some one open the link on their phone it forces then to download the app. This is just bad user experience. I can promise that no one ends up downloading the app from a tactic like this. This just click out of the link and never listen to the episode. And as almost 100% of what we share is opened on a phone not a desktop, this makes the user stop sharing. I have. Make the web app available on mobile browsers. More people will share and hence more people will know about castbox.
Developer Response ,
We are glad to tell you that we have fixed the bug of picking up new episodes. It will work well in the next version v4.25. Please stay tuned to the update. We have made great improvements in this version. Please give it a try, and if anything, please feel free to reach us at email@example.com. As a startup, every review matters very much to us. If you think of any way we can improve, please don’t hesitate to let us know. Hopefully our continued improvement will earn more stars from you! Thanks for your kind support! :-) - Teresa
Mostly fixed, but still better than anything else!
I've tried quite a few podcast options in the wake of Apple's "upgrades". My priorities are large volume queue management for about 40 podcasts that I am either caught up with or listening through their back-log. This app does that wonderfully. The tools are all there with common sense features to allow easy and safe handling of all your episodes. My queue is usually around the 200 episode mark and I have no issue organizing the episodes.
I say mostly fixed as there's a few sequencing errors where returning to the app and hitting play won't actually start your queue, but these are easy to work around and don't get in the way too much.
There's also one or two podcasts that I've found that turn up errors when trying to listen or load their pages, but I still have the Apple podcasts app and it had to be useful for something, right?
I’ve moved to my backup app for a little after I lost my queue due to my own error, but I miss the navigability and the ease of use for the UI and especially queue management. The Devs have been really active in taking care of issues and even invited me to one of the recent betas.
This is definitely a solid app. I just need to get back over here!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you very much for your feedback. Could you please kindly update your Castbox to the newest version - v4.8? We have made great improvements in this version. Please give it a try, and if anything, please feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a startup, each review matters very much to us. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks again for your kind support! :-) - Teresa
- Guru Network Limited
- 190.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Guru Network Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Castbox Premium $0.99
- Castbox Premium Promo 180 $0.99
- Castbox Premium Promo 90 $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.