Choose your favorite candidate from either Democratic standouts such as Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, and Elizabeth Warren, or Republican favorites including Donald Trump, George W. Bush, and Mike Pence. Don’t like any of the current candidates? No problem, just create your own and adopt some truly wild ideologies (ban all video games - they’ll rot your brain)!
The Political Machine 2020 features unique ideology trees for candidates, allowing for unique experiences each and every playthrough! Earn ideology points from Town Halls and use them to own certain issues. Play as Bernie Sanders and take ownership of the ‘Medicare for All’ issue, or play as Donald Trump to own ‘Build the Wall’. It’s important to win 270 votes in the electoral college, so you’ll need to pay attention to what issues voters care about in the swing states. What plays well in Texas or California might hurt you in Ohio or Florida!
Do you think you have what it takes? Take to the campaign trail and show the nation why you should be the next President of the United States of America!
● Spread your Ideology - Participate in Town Hall events to earn ideology points and solidify your position on hot issues with your voters.
● Generate Enthusiasm - Use your power and money to purchase ads to discredit your opponent and influence voters. The greater enthusiasm your base has for an issue, the more effective your ad campaigns will be.
● Participate in Interviews - Accept invitations to various talk shows across the country in order to share your opinion on issues important to the American people.
● Choose your Candidate - Play as one of several candidates, each with their own custom stats like stamina, intelligence, charisma, media bias, and more.
● Manage your Campaign Budget - Purchase advertisements, travel across the country to campaign, and hire operatives to enhance your PR or cripple your opponent. Be wary - if you overspend and need extra cash, it might come from somewhere that will shake voters’ confidence in you!
● Create a Candidate - Customize your own front runner and race for the White House.
● Practice your Politics - A sophisticated underlying simulation model uses census data and real issues to test your political savvy.
● Be Ready for Anything - Torrid affairs, natural disasters, email scandals, and other “breaking news” events can pop up and change the direction of the campaign for better or worse.
We've added two more Presidential Candidates!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Awesome fun game
I love this game and it is very fun. I do wish there was more advanced stuff like debates which is one of the best parts of the campaign trail. I assume there will be future updates that adds things like debates. I also wish there was some way to unlock the payable candidates without buying them. There also were some important candidates that were left out like Andrew Yang and Cory Booker. Overall a great game though, and I can’t stop playing.
Okay...could be better
Overall the game is alright for just $1. The characters are a bit expensive, and I think you could make a subscription based option where you can unlock everything for an x amount of time. The game does quickly drain your phones/devices battery which is a negative, but it also doesn’t take to much storage which is a plus. I think the developers should slowly make this game more like the pc version also. I’d also like to have an option to have more points to create your character, and more physical features. Again, the game is good and definitely worth a buy, but if you can’t afford it I’d recommend checking out 270 to win.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for rating The Political Machine 2020! You can find additional candidates in the game to unlock by winning with them as the VP. If you pick a certain candidate as a running mate and win the game with him/her then that candidate will become unlocked. Please reach out with additional questions or concerns at email@example.com so we can help you. Our goal is to give all of our players a five star experience!
Not as in-depth but great for mobile
I played the hell out of the PC version and was quite surprised to see this on the Apple Store when I was browsing this morning. While it isn’t as detailed as the PC version (Which is to be expected as the PC version has oodles of depth) this a very good streamlined version that I think works much better for mobile. I DO kind of hope you add debates and the option to pick the ideology for custom candidates (which is the only thing I was surprised to see wasn’t there) but overall this is the best election simulator available for mobile devices.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback and suggestions! We're so glad you're enjoying The Political Machine 2020!
- Hitcents.com, Inc
- 212.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Stardock Entertainment. Published by Hitcents.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- The Super Pack $19.99
- Ronald Reagan $1.99
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.