Prayer Map empowers us to form a virtual network of prayer across our communities:
- Post and assign your prayers to any specific location on the map
- Search, discover, and intercede for the physical and spiritual needs in your community, city, state, or anywhere in the world.
- When you post a prayer, choose a category or create your own.
- Know that others are joining you in prayer for your community. You’ll receive a push notification when someone taps the “Pray" button on your prayer.
- Become a Prayer Map Partner to display your church or ministry with a special icon on the map. Let people know where to find you and how your ministry is impacting the community. Let people know how they can support your ministry and come along side you in prayer for the city.
UNITING CITIES IN PRAYER
As Christians we believe God is actively involved in the concerns of his people. Like a loving Father he is moved by the appeals of his children. For that reason, prayer is a significant mission for every Jesus follower. Jesus calls us to love our neighbor and prayer inclines our hearts toward love. Prayer Map is designed to help us love our communities by praying for our neighbors (even those we don’t know). Prayer Map connects Christians individuals and Christian organizations together in prayer across a community, city, state, and nation.
This is an app to encourage thoughtful and Spirit led prayers for the community and the world as a whole.
EXAMPLES OF HOW TO USE PRAYER MAP
- Instead of posting a prayer naming your child who has football tryouts or a big test post a prayer at a school or a park for protection over the children in your city where other users will see it and join you in the prayer.
- When you are visiting a loved one at the hospital rather than posting a prayer specifically for that person tag the hospital and post a prayer for all the sick people who may not have anyone to visit them or pray for the doctors and nurses who need wisdom and strength every day to face life and death decisions.
- If you are upset with a political decision then tag your city hall, or the Capitol and pray for the wisdom and purity for all of our leaders and don’t just vent on social media.
- When a tragic event occurs write a prayer for the affected people and tag it to that place so others can join you in that prayer rather than just sending “thoughts and prayers” to a hashtag.
- If you are a Prayer Map Partner and your ministry is in a marginalized area don’t request prayers for specific people in your community but instead invite users into a prayer for your community as a whole so believers in your city will know how to pray for your area.
PRAYER THAT FOCUSES ON OTHERS
Instead of posting your personal and private prayers for yourself, use Prayer Map to look for opportunities to pray for the people around you in your city, nation, and the world.
OUR HEART IS FOR PEOPLE
Every heart on the map is a prayer, and behind every prayer is a desire for God’s love and grace to intersect with the needs of individuals and communities to bring unity and hope. Down every street in every town, people are hurting and needing. As the Church joins in prayer for the needs of others, we grow more understanding, more compassionate, and more motivated to do something more than prayer. We develop a desire to be the hands and feet of Jesus and go where he sends us.
The Church should not act like a bunch of separate entities with different missions. We should be intertwined and interconnected like streets on a map. Prayer for one another is the first way the Church needs to be engaged together across the city. When our prayers reach out into the community and join with the prayers of other Christ Followers, the Church is able to provide safe havens and resource to stop the erosion of communities.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in becoming a partner organization.
We improved the sharing of prayers to Facebook. Keep praying!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This prayer app challenges me to think beyond myself and pray bigger, join others, and intercede for the needs around me.
Ok but for get being anonymous
The idea is good but the tracking could lead to issues. You must allow the app to track you. If you don’t want someone to know where you live it is a issue. So in circumstances like domestic violence or other form of violence the GPS could put someone in danger.
Also, some people need to or want to stay anonymous. The app should support allowing someone to submit anonymously for privacy and personal reasons but are still seeking prayer or needing prayer.
Would be nice to give the option to set it at city or state level.
Has potential but many issues and wouldn’t let me delete my own account.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.