To use this app you need a reMarkable paper tablet.
Get yours at www.remarkable.com
The reMarkable Companion for the reMarkable paper tablet is the perfect app to sync your content with other devices. It gives you easy access to all of your documents to view, organize and share.
Make sure you connect your reMarkable paper tablet to an account at my.remarkable.com before you sign in. You’ll need to use the same email or third party login for both your tablet and mobile app.
General software improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a good app, and I like the device, but it can be way better
First off I have to say that there aren’t many competitors to ReMarkable. Not many people do what they do.
I actually saw this on an Instagram ad and immediately became interested, buying a remarkable 1 for myself because I couldn’t wait a few months until the second one came out.
Maybe this is me just being addicted to technology but I *love* taking notes on this. I’ll be honest, taking them on the remarkable 1 is slow and often takes longer than it would if using pen & paper, but it’s so convenient because everything syncs.
- you can drop PDFs into the mobile or desktop app and they sync to the device which is INCREDIBLE
- you get to take notes on a device that feels more like paper than any iPad or tablet would
- app has limited functionality and we can only edit the notes ON the remarkable, not on any of the apps which is very annoying.
- the desktop app looks disgusting on windows 10. Icons are waaaaay too big and take up too much screen space
- short battery life on the remarkable 1
- pen tips have to be replaced every 2 weeks for me (I guess I just write with a lot of force)
All in all, is a good product, and the company is OKAY, but I think it could be a lot better. I use it as my daily driver for note taking and honestly couldn’t think about replacing it. For $299 I think buying the remarkable 1 is worth it, and pre ordering the 2 would be worth it as well.
Suggestions for the Device
I tried to find somewhere to write my reviews for the product on their website but there’s no “write a review” button so I tried here instead.
I really love the device, I mainly use it to take notes and I really appreciate the paper-like writing experience. It would make it better if you guys can add a “next page” button for notes during next software update. Right now I have to go back to page overview to go to the next page on my notes, which is inefficient.
iOS Share Functionality
My primary method of reading articles or webpages is through my phone, which means not being able to send them to my reMarkable without first going to my desktop and utilizing the Chrome extension. There is a slight workaround where using the "Print" option then zooming in creates a PDF to share to this app, but it doesn't work very well for most websites. Is the ability to share natively to the app coming in the future?
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- reMarkable AS
- 37.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © reMarkable AS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.