Reap revenge in SEGA’s legendary side-scrolling beat ‘em up, now available on mobile for the very first time. You are Joe Musashi, a ninja out for revenge against the evil criminal organization ‘Neo Zeed’.
They've killed your master and captured your bride, so now you must travel the globe to dish out ninjutsu justice to the crime syndicate. Master ninjutsu techniques and collect mystical power-ups as you fight your way through this retro classic.
The Revenge of Shinobi joins the SEGA Forever classic games collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Eight globe-trotting districts, each with its own unique boss battle
- Secret power-ups hidden throughout the game
- Collect shuriken to take out enemies from afar (psst... the old code still works!)
- Master ninjutsu techniques and devastate your foe
- Summon fire and thunder to take out entire waves of adversaries
- Four difficulty levels, from beginner to master ninja.
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- SAVE YOUR GAME PROGRESS AT ANYTIME
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
- OFFLINE PLAY
- GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH - Download them all!
- INCLUDES iOS 10 STICKER PACKS
- "I just didn't want to stop playing." [94%] - Julian "Jaz" Rignall, Mean Machines #1 (October 1990)
- "Brill graphics, exceptional sound, and uncomplicated gameplay make for excellent ninja-fighting thrills 'n' spills." [93%] - Paul Rand, Computer & Video Games #99 (February 1990)
- "Distressingly involving and hair-wrenchingly addictive." [92%] - Julian Boardman, Raze #3 (January 1991)
- Spider-Man was once an officially licensed character in the game
- There have been many revisions of the game due to copyright issues
- Legendary composer Yuzo Koshiro also wrote the music for both Game Gear Shinobi titles
CLASSIC GAME FACTS
- Originally released in 1989 in Japan and North America, with the European release arriving in 1990
- Known as The Super Shinobi in Japan
- Released in arcades on SEGA's Mega-Tech platform
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, The Revenge of Shinobi, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best of the Best
To truly enjoy this classic, an MFi is definitely recommended. Then this game is pretty much the classic I played as a kid. Even the timing on the double jump is unnervingly difficult but rewarding, just like it was back in the day. This has been my favorite game of all time since I first played as my first played game on a Genesis as a kid. Buy out the ads and enjoy this for what it is. And to the devs, I know reviews disappear after an update, which stinks, but I am requesting Shinobi 3, the arcade Shinobi and Shadow Dancer (but 3 first please! 😁) Streets of Rage 2 and 3, and not from the Genesis era, but PLEASE bring Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed back! That is single-handedly the best cart racing game of all-time. Here’s to hoping 🍻
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sending us a suggestion for games that you would like to see added to the SEGA Forever collection! We are very interested in games our players would like to see available. I've sent this to the developers and they will be reviewing game suggestions to for plan future releases. I cannot make any guarantees about what will be next.
Works with Nimbus!
As promised, the update fixed my lag issues, so I’m upgrading my review to a well deserved 5 stars! If you’re using a Bluetooth controller, the on screen controls disappear and what you’re left with is a great excuse to not be here reading reviews! Go play it now!
Developer Response ,
Hi there, we have an update that will be coming out very soon which will be fixing the frame rate issues that you are currently having. Please keep an eye out on the App store for the release.
It’s great but I have some ideas
So the game is great good update it used to be laggy but now smooth I like that but I think what people have problem is the screen size I think that the game should have the full screen treatment like sonic 1,2, and CD and more button options where we can make the buttons more bigger and smaller but if you guys do read this then thank you
- Sega America
- 146.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and THE REVENGE OF SHINOBI are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.