The Bike Repair Guide from Haynes and BikeRadar is a comprehensive bike repair and maintenance manual for riders who are passionate about their bike’s well-being. You’ll learn how to fix and repair your bike and keep it safely on the road with our step-by-step tutorials and videos. What’s more, our bike repair app is updated with more content each month! Here's what you'll find inside:
• Checking the front hub
• Checking the cockpit
• Frame check
• Checking the bottom bracket drivetrain
• Checking the seat
• Checking the rear drivetrain
• The final Drop test
• Setting up the front mech
• How to replace the rear derailleur hanger
• Setting up the rear derailleur
• How to remove and install the chainring and creak identification
• How to replace Shimano Hollowtech II bottom bracket cups
• Fine-tuning the rear derailleur
• How to join a chain with a joining pin (Shimano or Campagnolo)
• Fitting a new chain using a master or quick link (SRAM, KMC, Taya, Connex, etc)
• Quick release explained
• How to dish a wheel
• How to remove and refit tyres and repair a puncture
• How to replace a spoke
• Truing a bike wheel explained
• Non-traditional quick release devices explained
• Care and inspection of carbon frames
• How to fit a new inner and outer continuous internally routed brake or gear cable
• How to fit a new internally routed cable to a bicycle with cable stops
• How to install a new saddle
• Hydraulic fluid explained
• Disc brake pads explained
• Disc rotors explained
• Inspecting your disc brake pads
• Inspecting your rotors
• How to replace brake pads on a traditional caliper brake system
• How to replace Shimano disc brake pads
• How to bleed SRAM hydraulic disc brakes
• Inspecting your hydraulic disc brakes system
• How to bleed Shimano hydraulic disc brakes that use a 7mm bleed nut
• How to replace handlebar tape
• How to adjust the height of an A-head stem
• How to install a ‘Face-off’ stem handlebar clamp correctly
• How to check and alter the level of a pair of brake / gear levers
Get Me Home!
• Emergency inner tube fix
• Emergency tyre fix
• Emergency chain fix
• How to single-speed your bike
• How to fix a broken handlebar in an emergency
• How to fix a badly buckled wheel to get yourself home
From drivetrains to derailleurs and Shimano to SRAM to Campagnolo, as well as our quick roadside hacks you can use when it all goes wrong, the Bike Repair Guide app gives you all the knowledge you need to keep your bike in tip-top shape so you can reach peak performance.
With dozens of bike repair videos, hundreds of images and more than 40,000 words, we’ve quite literally written THE book on bike repair and everyday maintenance.
We explain everything you need to know about your bike’s brakes, drivetrain, wheels, cockpit, frame and much, much more. Plus, you’ll discover how a banana peel or a handful of grass can be just the life-saver you need when disaster strikes!
In our Get Me Home section you’ll learn how to make emergency inner-tube and tyre fixes using common objects you can find on the ground. You’ll also learn how to get home with a broken handle bar, even damaged wheels and chains.
Bike Repair Guide version 1.0.72 introduces our new Pro Tips series of videos that explain simple techniques to maximise the performance of your bike. The new version also updates the design and adds some performance enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Missing essential information
Missing essential information like how to adjust different types of brakes.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.