The Official Rules of Golf 4+
Rules and Clarifications
United States Golf Association
Designed for iPad
The USGA's Official Rules of Golf app including the Rules and Clarifications
The USGA’s official app for the Rules of Golf, which is always kept up to date with the latest Rules content. The following documents are included in this app:
• The Rules of Golf
• The Official Guide to the Rules of Golf (includes Clarifications, Committee Procedures, and Model Local Rules)
• Note – The Official Guide is designed for referees and tournament administrators, and is available after enabling Expert Mode within the app’s Settings.
App features include:
• Every Rule, Definition and Clarification available instantly
• Rules videos, FAQs, topic overviews, and quizzes
• A powerful search tool to quickly locate information on any Rules topic
• Simple, fast, and intuitive navigation
• Quick hyperlinking to all definitions, Rule number references, and related Rules documents
Additional resources on the Rules of Golf are available at www.usga.org/Rules.
Have a question? Feel free to reach out to us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or 908-326-1850!
Thanks for using the USGA Rules of Golf app! This update includes:
• Rules content updates for the 2023 Rules
• Navigation and structure enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Sooners Rules… Mar 13 Comments
If yo are having problems loading app, “Delete and download again “ per Sooners comments dated March 13. It worked for me. Note: I only gave 4 stars because I had to find out from Sooners!
Had no idea you had to side scroll
🤦🏻♂️ It took me a year to realize you could side scroll. I found it by accident as there was no indication anywhere that the pages displayed that way. Nothing in the “How to use the App” section. I kept going back to the original index and then clicking on the section I wanted as opposed to just scrolling sideways from page to page. 🤦🏻♂️
And typical of the USGA and rules people, there are sections that say “for example” but doesn’t list everything. I think people are going to want to know what all those things are, so why not just list them?!?!!
This is such a cumbersome and tedious App to navigate, just like the Rules of Golf are, even in printed form. But that is also typical of many American instruction manuals and basic language where things are muddled because it’s a very “general” type of language and not specific, and is written that way. Even the definitions of the playing areas are labelled as “general.”🙄
As a rules official this is my number one source while on the course. The new hyperlinks are extremely useful. Much improved search functionality. Wish list: ability to listen to the content while driving, especially the definitions. Second, PLEASE allow use for test. Haven’t used my books hardly at all this summer. Great resource.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- United States Golf Association
- 78.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 by the United States Golf Association