Play God to create worlds & life, or destroy everything with a tap of your finger in The Sandbox! As featured in: BEST OF WORLD-BUILDING GAMES (App Store), BEST OF GAMES: HIDDENS GEMS (App Store) and TOP GAMES – IF YOU LIKE MINECRAFT (App Store)
-- GAME INFO --
Imagine crafting your own 8bit pixel world, playing with Humans, Ninjas, Robots or Zombies, composing your own music and much more! Craft new elements, create custom art from tiny pixels, or build your own town. The universe is yours to create or destroy, and the only limit is your imagination!
Start from scratch with basic building blocks like stone, water and soil. Grow plants, raise mountains, generate life and gain access to advanced crafting tools. Create non-organic elements like metal and light bulbs, and populate your universe with creations both natural and technological.
--THE SANDBOX FEATURES--
UNLEASH YOUR IMAGINATION:
• Millions of possibilities. Infinite landscape designs. Countless different chemical reactions. Nothing is beyond your reach!
• Embrace your inner Pixel Artist to create retro masterpieces
• Compose your very own chiptune melodies with musical instruments!
• Bring life to your creations and watch them evolve, eat, destroy and die
SHARE YOUR CREATIONS WITH THE WORLD:
• Create your universe and then share it in The Sandbox’s Online Gallery
• Discover more than 1,500,000 worlds created by other players
• Rate other players’ worlds and add elements too
PLAY THE MOVIE ADVENTURES CAMPAIGN
• Classic movies come to life, and the Sandbox God in the director’s chair!
• Battle with the Tech Trooper, smash humans with the Cyclops, terrify villagers with the Headless Horseman, and more!
CONTROL THE ELEMENTS:
• Over 280 elements to combine for different physics effects!
• Create chain reactions with unique sensor types, including liquid, light and temperature
CREATE LIFE & TECHNOLOGY:
• Add Humans to your world and watch as they interact with your creations
• Influence the behavior of your Humans using Magic Powders
• Give them specific roles: Miner, Hunter, Woodcutter, Spacemen, Zombies and even Robots
• Wreak havoc with guns and C4, or light up the sky with Fireworks
BUILD A CITY AND SIMULATE LIFE:
• Use intuitive builder controls to place metal, concrete and more
• Add life forms and tech to your town and help it grow
• Create your own city sim with AI, technology and completely interactive building
MAKE CUSTOM GAMES WITH THE BRAINIAC:
• Create dynamic contraptions with the Brainiac: assemble them, move them, transport materials and activate separate actions!
• Add controllable elements that you can customize to create your own game rules
• Build fun levels to play through
• Make AI and attach Bodies to create reactive characters: Dragons, Spaceships, Planes, UFOs and more
• Make your own multi-pixels using in-game elements like Gravity and Tilt
PLAY OUT YOUR FANTASY:
• Save the dinosaurs, cruise around in a sports car, blast everything with a tank, or explore space in your very own Lunar Lander
• Create any universe you can dream up
CRAFT REAL-LIFE WONDERS WITH BLUEPRINTS:
• Add awesome real-life wonders to your worlds: the Eiffel Tower, Chichen Itza, the Pyramids, the Statue of Liberty and more!
• Play through 28 fun campaigns – a whopping 385 game levels in all!
-- PRESS REVIEWS --
"The Sandbox is a fantastically inventive mobile game that encourages players to create entire worlds and works of art!" Cult Of Mac
The Sandbox puts an entire universe in the palm of your hand! Unleash infinite creativity in this FREE builder game, and create your custom world pixel by pixel.
In your universe, the possibilities are endless! Download The Sandbox today!
-- FOLLOW US --
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Happy Holidays! We have a gift update for all you Sandboxers!
- Four Festive New Elements:
•Santa Powder: A magic powder that makes Humans dress and act like the legendary figure that brings gifts to the homes of kids around the world
•Reindeer: This docile animal lives in cold climates and avoids predators. During this special season, 1 out of every 9 of them will have a Red Nose!
•Polar Bear: These big carnivorous bears from the Arctic Circle can visit your game worlds!
•Xmas House: A brick house festooned with shiny Christmas lights!
- Fixed touch control issues on iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus. You can now fully enjoy the game on your shiny new device!
Ratings and Reviews
One of the most unique world-building games around, Sandbox absolutely hooked us on its mission-based approach to creation. Grow plants, construct mountains, and even birth life as you control the elements and a retro-cool 2D universe with a huge variety of levels. After years of updates, The Sandbox has never been better—or more exciting—than it is now. When we say the possibilities are endless, we mean it.
Hear me out everyone
Okay so I also had been fiery disheartened by the glitch where you open the app and it zooms in so you can’t touch anything, and I had believed that the developers did it on purpose, just to make a new game to make money, the new game isn’t like the old game. But here’s where I want you to head me out. If you really loved playing this when you were younger like me you’ll give it another chance, I just downloaded this game again and had the same glitch like 3 times but I then opened it a fourth time and it played it normally but the screen was a little zoomed out now, which I can’t complain because I could now play it upon opening the app, if this opportunity never happens to you then I suggest memorizing the spilt second of the menu screen you see and then trying to t start the game because that may have been what helped me. Edit: the screen is smaller on both sides so I think it just wasn’t working because the iPhone screens gif too big that is if you have an iPhone, and the devs just stopped working on it
Edit: alright it worked once and never had again, but I feel like If I keep trying one day it will, that is how much I’m not a fan of the second game
Yes, that’s it. The game is enjoyable. But, there are a few problems. One is that there is an ad mostly every time I close a tab of finish a level. It’s just annoying and gets in the way. Another thing is that you have to unlock elements and buy them with an in-game currency. Doesn’t sound like a problem, until you realize only about 15% of the games and campaigns playable are free to play. How does that relate? There is no main way of getting Mana other then the campaigns. Of course, you can buy mana with money, but still. A sandbox game mainly has everything for the player to use.
But this game took a different turn.
I am not complaining. It’s just the 2 main problems that are annoying.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- PIXOWL INC.
- 172.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © PIXOWL INC.
- In-App Purchases
- Small Mana Pack $1.99
- Medium Mana Pack $2.99
- Humans Campaign $0.99
- Big Mana Pack $5.99
- Robot Attack Campaign $0.99
- Zombie Attack Campaign $0.99
- All Campaigns Pack $9.99
- All 30 Basic Elements Pack $3.99
- All Elements Pack $9.99
- Brainiac Campaign $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.