The Texas Observer is an Austin-based nonprofit news organization known for fearless investigative reporting, narrative storytelling and sophisticated cultural criticism about all things Texan.
The Texas Observer app is free to download. Readers can browse our online content, Facebook page, Twitter feed and Instagram feed, share content and preview issues available for purchase.
A 1-year digital subscription can be purchased through this app for $19.99. Current subscribers can access content by inputting their Member ID and zip code. Other subscriptions can be purchased at our website: www.texasobserver.org/subscribe
Other print subscription levels:
1-year (12 issues): $35
2-years (24 issues): $60
3-years (36 issues): $85
Need help accessing your account information? Contact us at email@example.com
The Texas Observer Pricing:
• Single Issue Price - USD $1.99*
• Subscription 1 Year - USD $19.99*
* For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply.
Please note: App subscriptions do not include access to subscription-only content on our website.
Additional Subscription Information:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- New and improved user interface
- New preview function
- Easy-to-read text mode on iPad and iPhone
- New search function
Ratings and Reviews
Great mag, easy to read
No problems. Great content.
Type is too small
Love the articles, was tricked into resubscribing on itunes when i already had a print and digital subscription that goes into next year. Difficult to read without zoomimg in a ton.
Easy on the Eyes!
My first "aha" moment reading subscription printed media on an iPod came on a trip to San Francisco about a year ago, when I was missing my morning WS Journal delivery back home.
Within a few minutes, I was happily reading the Journal using the app. And, surprisingly, I really didn't miss the paper version at all.
I recently had a similar experience with the Observer, something I did not subscribe to, but liked to read. I grabbed the Observer app, clicked on the issue I was interested in, and was reading it within a minute or so. I found the interface clean, simple, and intuitive. I’m now completely sold on the concept of reading on a mobile device.
- The Texas Democracy Foundation
- 53.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- ©2018 The Texas Democracy Foundation
- In-App Purchases
- The Texas Observer $19.99
- July/August 2019 $1.99
- issue from August 2011 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.