Build a custom timeline of ancient history or of just last year. Events can span any length of time. Add a description to each event and categorize it by color. Add photos to events. Pick from your photo library or snap a picture with the camera. You can print or email your final timeline as a PDF. An image of your timeline and an itemized list of events are included. You can also send timeline files to other users to edit in the app on their own devices.
You can arrange and rearrange the layout of events on the timeline by simply touching and dragging. Pinch to zoom in and out. You can edit the timeline's start and end points at any time.
It's an app for any chronological project. Writers use it in the story outlining process. It has found a place in law firms and history classrooms. You'll find in Timeline Builder everything you need to design a timeline for an educational assignment, a personal record, or a business project.
• Simple and Intuitive
• Ad Free
• Create unlimited number of timelines
• Specify timeline duration
• Change timeline name and duration at any time
• Pan and zoom to view a single year or thousands of years at once
• Create unlimited events
• Title events and add descriptions of any length
• Optionally drag events to change dates interactively
• Date can be just a year, or include month, day, and time
• Optionally set an event's end date
• Customize event color
• Attach images from the photo library or camera
• Display timeline fullscreen
• Pan and Zoom
• Tap on individual events to show description and attached images
• Use system controls to mirror your timeline on an external display
Share and Print
• Send editable timeline documents to others who use the app
• Create pdf summary that includes an image of your timeline along with all events listed with their descriptions
• Create pdf that displays a timeline the current zoom level
• Create pdf that displays a timeline across a specified number of pages, up to 30
• Print with guides and page numbering for easy assembly.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
New export and print option for multiple page pdfs
Higher quality images for all pdf formats
Better iPad Pro experience
Layout correction for external keyboards
Other enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
A couple of things could be better
I would hope on future updates to the app that you could improve on the functionality a little but it really is a good tool to have.
1. Lock the event timeline in place. When your pinching to expand and contract or scroll, it’s too easy to accidentally move a given timeline. Currently you can lock its horizontal movement but not its vertical movement.
2. Scale the type within the timeline color bar when viewing a lot of years.
3. Also toggle off the type and see only the events actual time frame. When there is type in the event, it make the event time frame seem longer than it actually is.
Hope this helps, it really is a pretty good app
I wish I could use CE/BCE, instead of AD/BC
Perhaps this is possible, and I have overlooked the option, but since there is no 0 year, I prefer to use C.E., and B.C.E., when examining history in the first century. This app seems to automatically assume the date I’m entering is either A.D., or B.C., which is always a digit off from my preferred timekeeping.
Easy to use
This program is very easy to use. Although it may have a few flaws (Can’t delete multiple things at once), it’s still one of the best Timeline creators I’ve experimented with and it’s great for anything ranging from a Historical Timeline to anything else. Definitely worth it.
The developer, David Galloway, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- David Galloway
- 20 MB
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 3StrandsDevelopment
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.