* Tech With Kids Best Pick App *
The beloved characters of Eric Carle are now available in The Very Hungry Caterpillar™ & Friends - Play & Explore, a stunning 3D pop up app featuring fun and educational games and activities.
Now includes our new Jigsaw Puzzle, 3D Stickerbook and Spot The Difference for FREE for all users! No further In-App Purchases required.
Please note this app features the beautiful artwork of Eric Carle in brand new fun and educational games and activities, and does not feature the original story of The Very Hungry Caterpillar book.
• Join The Very Hungry Caterpillar™, Mister Seahorse, The Very Quiet Cricket and other characters from Eric Carle’s best-selling books Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, The Mixed-Up Chameleon and 10 Little Rubber Ducks
• Practice counting, sorting, and memory skills.
• Learn about healthy eating, and discover amazing facts about caterpillars, seahorses, chameleons and other animals.
• Includes five language versions in a single app: English, French, German, Spanish and Japanese!
• Award-winning 3D technology
• Gentle animations bring the characters to life
• Fun and easy activities
• Earn badges for completing extra puzzles and challenges in every scene
• Guide the world's best-known caterpillar towards healthy fruits as he wriggles across the garden
• Play hide-and-seek with Mister Seahorse and his babies at the bottom of the ocean
• Guide the Brown Bear around a forest maze to find her bear cub
• Grow The Tiny Seed into a beautiful flower with help from the sun and the Little Cloud
• Watch The Mixed Chameleon change color as you help him gobble up bugs with his long tongue!
• Complete jigsaw puzzles of your favorite characters
Guaranteed to make fans of The Very Hungry Caterpillar smile!
• Kidscreen 2016 Award
• Winner of the Bologna Ragazzi Digital Award, 2015
• 11 Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Awards
• 2 iLounge awards for best kids’ app
• 2 Mom’s Choice gold awards
• Mom’s Choice Silver award
• Shortlist nominations for the FutureBook Digital Innovation Award
• Best Kids’ App Ever winner
• Longlisted for the DBW Publishing innovation award
• 9 Tech With Kids Best Pick App Awards
STAY IN TOUCH!
Stay in touch to hear about new releases and promotions:
- Visit us: storytoys.com
- Need help? For any technical issues please email us at email@example.com
- Say hello to us on Facebook: facebook.com/StoryToys
- Tweet us @StoryToys
Love our app? Please help us out and take a moment to review it on the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
"Kitchen Sink" approach to UI design is frustrating
After reading the Children's Technology Report review for this app I was excited to see that another Eric Carle product had been released with such glowing praise. I confess that after trying the app for myself I'm a little disappointed, not because the content is poor but because the UI and UX experience is frustrating and counterintuitive. The app manages to be overly simplistic in its button design and overly complex in its navigation, which is a weird duality that does not do much for the user when taking in the charm of Eric Carle's excellent artwork. Why are there arrow buttons in addition to the 3d swipe functionality that this developer is known for? Why are some UI elements so completely integrated into the illustrations that you don't notice that they're there (such as when you're earning ducks during the counting game), but others (like the page nav arrows and menu UI) are ostensibly bad, pixelated clip art? It is just weird to me to have so much taken care of with an app of this caliber, and then have some crucial elements be messy and overly complicated. Not what I expected. Hoping for a refinement update soon.
Content is hit and miss
We've had this a while and it never interested my toddler but recently she got into the jigsaw puzzles. I don't love the graphics for iPad games although they're great in the books.
This app will want more money from you to unlock so your child can play. I paid the initial price, and now they want more money so my kid can actually play beyond the first page. So annoying. Also, I expected that you could read the actual book, but that isn't here. There is just some longer factual stuff that my son has no interest in
- StoryToys Entertainment Limited
- 266.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © StoryToys Entertainment Ltd, 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.