Designed for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV, this app keeps you informed with award-winning national and international news coverage — along with striking photography and informative graphics that bring stories to life. Intuitive browsing and a streamlined design allow you to seamlessly navigate through stories and enjoy in-depth reading. Free to download, subscribers enjoy unlimited access.
• INTUITIVE NAVIGATION: Easily browse through and between sections.
• EASY VIEWING: Swipe or scroll through articles, then select and read full stories.
• STREAMLINED DESIGN: Enjoy an uncluttered, engaging reading experience that makes it easier to find—and read—the stories that matter to you.
• IN-DEPTH READING: Immerse yourself in stories where the focus is on storytelling—enhanced by bold photos and graphics.
• AWARD-WINNING COVERAGE: Stay informed with award-winning national reporting and expertly curated stories.
• FREQUENT UPDATES: Stay connected 24/7 with breaking news and other important updates throughout the day.
• NEWS ALERTS: See images, headlines, and short excerpts of articles right in the expanded notification view.
• 3D TOUCH SUPPORT: Get a sneak peek at top headlines, right from our icon using Quick Actions.
• OPTIONS: Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of free stories each month. Get unlimited access starting at just $9.99/month (first month FREE).
• EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Washington Post comes with complimentary web access, as well as access to The Washington Post App on all your smartphones and tablets.
• PAYMENT: Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase.
• AUTO-RENEWAL: Your subscription will auto-renew for $9.99 each month ($14.99 for premium subscriptions) unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store. Please note, you will be unable to cancel your current subscription during an active subscription period.
• FREE TRIAL: Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
• TERMS OF SERVICE: https://www.washingtonpost.com/terms-of-service/2011/11/18/gIQAldiYiN_story.html
MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON POST
Experience The Washington Post in all forms. Check out our other apps: “Washington Post” for a traditional digital reading experience with all of our content and “Washington Post Print Edition” for a digital replica of our print newspaper.
- Fixes a crash some users were experiencing a startup.
Ratings and Reviews
I ❤️ WP
I don’t watch the news anymore, so this is a great investment for me. As a student, it’s amazing to just be able to quickly check the news whenever I want to. Articles and reports are posted quickly, the day of the event. Most reports that appear on the main page seem fairly unbiased and contain a lot of evidence, quotes, etc. I do find that sometimes if I leave the app for a second to check a message or something and come back, whatever I was on has closed out and it comes back to the home screen. This is slightly annoying but it’s easy to find the articles again. I also love how they have a large variety of topics like gaming, sports, lifestyle, and news. Washington Post also has pretty good prices compared to other news sites and I feel like you get a lot and it’s wayyyy worth the price. I have notifications turned on for this app it’s genuinely the only app that I’m actually happy to have notifications from. I feel educated and up to date in current events not only in the U.S.A. but also around the world. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
5 Stars on Content, 4 on App
Love getting the Post on line. I get talented writers, aggressive research, WDC focused, engaging style, and an immediacy unavailable in printed papers. Here in coastal Alabama there is nothing to compete with this service. I also subscribe to the on line NYTimes It offers a world view and broad looks at society and the arts, but it lacks the focus on what's going on at the White House and on Capitol Hill. And it has comics
The electronic format of the Post is a jumble of serious and trivial news and features and there appears no way to cull what I want to read from everything I don’t care about. Overall the format has improved since my last review and I do recognize that others are interested in the things in the paper that I want to skip. But why in an electronic version of a newspaper can’t the reader tailor what is presented to him or her. The Times suffers from the same shortcoming but somewhat compensates by having a very detailed “table of contents” that mirrors the format of the physical paper.
The Washington Post is my grounding newspaper.
The Washington Post keeps me grounded to the truth, to the real news & real stories. I crave their editorials and opinion pieces. And don’t even get me started on the front page. I lived in Washington, DC for 21 years and spent so
many Sundays sitting at Starbucks or on my roof with the best entertainment bargain going, the Post...for hours and hours, until I had read every page of the front section, scanned the Metro, Style, Real Estate, Sports & Arts sections, and then dive into the opinions, reading every column. Since I moved out of the DC area, I miss the smell of the newspaper, I miss sorting out the sections, folding and refolding the paper repeatedly, but I don’t miss getting ink stains on my hands. Now, I read the Post online and it is a beautiful thing. Thanks for your awesome journalism!! Democracy Dies in Darkness!
- The Washington Post Company
- 92.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 and watchOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Washington Post, 2015-2019
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Digital $9.99
- Washington Post Basic Digital $9.99
- Washington Post Basic Digital $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.