Access detailed and reliable weather information in one handy place with The Weather Channel app, an IBM Business.
Stay up to date and prepared no matter the weather with our live radar, storm tracker, weather maps and severe weather alerts.
You can also manage personal weather alerts, so you receive notifications that are important to you. Plus, we’ve got a whole range of useful weather features for you to plan ahead with confidence.
The Weather Channel - Our Top 3 Features
1. Plan your day up to two weeks in advance: Trust the current conditions card with our Feels Like feature, local hourly & daily forecasts, and our Real-Time Rain alerts with radar.
2. Get your current conditions at a glance with weather data that’s relevant where you are. You can find local maps and forecast on your homescreen, and breaking news videos with closed captioning!
3. Track the flu risk with Flu Insights with Watson: We can now predict the flu risk up to 15 days in advance and will alert you when there is an increased risk in your area so you can take action and prepare against the risk of flu.
NEW! Our app is Dark Mode compatible - turn on Dark Mode on your Apple device for a great viewing experience.
Plan outdoor activities with confidence.
• Planning an adventure? Check the forecast and our Real-Time Rain notifications, and find the storm radar directly on your home screen. So you know in a second whether to pack a light or waterproof jacket!
• Want to enjoy a winter walk or run? Get detailed information on sunset times, allergies and pollen reports and much more.
• Run smart with GoRun! Find the best possible running conditions and plan your perfect route.
Keep informed on the latest weather news.
• Stay prepared during extreme weather events. We’ll send you live alerts, so you’ll always be aware.
• Concerned about allergies? Get high-risk allergy alerts and check the pollutant levels in your area.
• Check out Warming Signs with Kait Parker every Tuesday in Apple Podcasts
Easily access all the weather information you need.
• Quickly find all the weather data you care about in one place: your smart home screen!
• Get precise weather updates, severe weather alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
Subscribe to Premium!
• Upgrade and remove all ads from your weather app by purchasing an annual subscription.
• Discover Windstream: A new, animated map layer where you can track wind speed and direction.
• Enjoy Enhanced Lightning: The lightning radius is now 3 times wider, and covers 30 miles.
• Access 15 Minute Forecast: Get more from your forecast with 15 minute breakdowns of up to 7 hours.
• View 48 Hour Snowfall Accumulation Layer: Get your snow forecast and prepare for the winter season with our 48 hour snowfall accumulation map layer.
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• According to App Annie, The Weather Channel was the #1 weather app by combined iOS App Store and Google Play worldwide downloads from 2016 through 2019.
We’re constantly working to improve your app experience. In this release:
• Bug fixes & performance enhancements.
Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My favorite app
I used to rely on the standard Apple weather app that is pre-installed on the iPhone to receive all my forecast knowledge. I had been using it for years to check the weather and daily temp until one day my mother told me to check the radar... what radar? “The radar on the weather channel app,” she replied.
As soon as I downloaded this app my life changed. View the radar when storms are coming, videos about current weather and environment news, warning and watch notifications for changes in weather... it’s amazing! Somehow your friends always think you’re smarter when you know the weather. Thanks, weather channel app, for always telling me when it’s going to rain, you’ve saved a few ruined bonfires! Plus it tells you what time down to the minute it will start raining... and it’s always pretty accurate!
All in all, this app is pretty great. It’s like the weather app of my dreams I didn’t know was the weather app of my dreams until I had it. Through everything the app has always been there for me, telling me an accurate forecast and alerting me with weather notifications. Sometimes getting notifications from the weather channel app is even better than getting a text from my boyfriend. The weather channel app is easily my favorite app. Trusty, reliable, and always tells you the weather. No strings attached!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! Have a great summer.
Used to be 5 stars
As life continues in this Land of the Free Market, we see more and more “monthly subscriptions” as alternatives to pesky ads and better performance. BUT THIS APP HAS GOT TO BE THE BEST EXAMPLE OF THE WORST APP TO DO IT TO. I mean seriously?!? I’ve had this app for YEARS. It was the best performing, most accurate, and user friendly weather app out there. It exceeded all these built in apps and that annoyingly wrong weather-bug thingy (that was a joke for the ones that’ll miss it) when it came to reliability.
THEN ONE DAY, corporate decided they wanted a piece of the “subscription” pie and turned this app into the biggest pain in the neck I have ever experienced. It is now so consumed by ads, spammy, and laggy. It spams it’s own app with its own advertising also (had to say that one separate since they control that). It now only shows certain things with “premium” (might as well write it off as ‘only useable as premium’) and has literally made the free version of the app just bad enough to make you buy the “good” version. Is that what it’s come to? Are we now ruining our once good-quality product, so that we can turn around and offer the original good-quality version again for a hefty price? I mean, seriously. Just give me an option to one-time buy it and I’ll think about it, but I’m the mean time I’m over this.
I liked the fact that being older than dirt I could put this on my iPad and make things bigger so that I could see and read everything. I liked the setup except that as with all things meteorologists have a harder time knowing what is going to happen and make guesses as to times of stuff. GOd still has control on most things and weather seems to be changing in our world also. So old age is not the only things that change in life. Why everyone uses light gray writing on a white background and expect someone to be able to see it is idiotic at best. I know all of the younger generation may like new update but I personally liked the old one best. There may have been a few things to change but wish you would make so people had a choice. Older people seem to never get a choice any more. At least there are many more apps I can go to and pray to find one I like. Thanks for nothing but causing me more problems with computers which I am getting ever more aggravated with. Not all old people want so many changes in their later years. Every time I finally get used to something, you geniuses decide to change all around. Just getting used to phones and iPads and all their changes every other day is enough to drive someone crazy and I don’t need any help since as you get older people don’t give me credit for having a lot of common since anyway! Thanks at least for trying to please all the people in the world.
- The Weather Channel
- 303.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2019 TWC Product and Technology, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $3.99
- The Weather Channel Premium $9.99
- The Weather Channel Premium $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.