The Weather Channel is the World's Most Accurate Forecaster**. With extreme weather on the rise, prepare yourself for storms, hurricanes & wildfires. Track daily forecasts and receive live radar updates, storm alerts, & local precipitation updates.
Our live Doppler radar maps, storm watch, and hurricane tracker can warn you ahead of time of severe storms, heavy rain, heat waves, or an incoming flood. Receive your forecast updates and rest assured with our weather warnings. Severe weather is increasing across the nation - our severe weather alerts have you covered.
Plan up to 15 days in advance with forecasts from the World’s Most Accurate Weather Forecaster, so you can plan ahead with confidence**. Manage personal weather alerts, so you receive notifications that are important to you.
Download The Weather Channel to get you through storm season, hurricane season & extreme weather warnings.
The Weather Channel Features:
Today’s Weather Forecast:
- New 15-minute forecast for rain intensity up to 7 hours in the future & radar on your homescreen
- Check weather forecasts up to two weeks in advance!
- Prepare for severe storms & hurricane season
Widget & Homescreen Features:
- Our smart widget offers more weather in detail at a glance and one-tap access to the forecast
- Check your local radar, get severe weather alerts in your area, and check the forecast for the next three hours on your homescreen
- Dark Mode compatible for a great viewing experience
- Detailed information on sunset times and allergy & flu forecasts
- Keep informed with the latest weather news
- Stay prepared during extreme weather events, hurricanes, and earthquakes with live breaking news alerts
Upgrade to The Weather Channel Premium for our most comprehensive, dynamic, and precise weather experience available. Exclusive access to:
- Ad-free weather
- 15-minute forecast details
- Advanced 72-Hour Future Radar
- and more!
Privacy & Feedback
•If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
**The Weather Channel is the World's Most Accurate Forecaster. ForecastWatch, Global and Regional Weather Forecast Accuracy Overview, 2017-2020, https://www.forecastwatch.com/AccuracyOverview2017-2020, commissioned by IBM.
*The World's Leading Weather Provider: According to Comscore, The Weather Company, parent of The Weather Channel, is the largest provider of weather forecasts worldwide based on total monthly unique visitors in 2020. Comscore Media Metrix®, Worldwide Rollup Media Trend, News/Information – Weather category incl. [P] Weather Company, The and [M] Weather Channel, The, Jan-Dec. 2020 avg.
The Weather Channel app had an average of over 35 million combined smartphone monthly active users worldwide from March through October 2021 according to internal analytics. Over 2M total 5-star ratings out of over 3.0 million total reviews since January 2018 according to Apple’s App Store Connect.
The Weather Channel® is a registered trademark of TWC Product and Technology, LLC, an IBM Company.
Thanks for using The Weather Channel app! We are constantly working to add new features and improve your app experience. Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions.
Ratings and Reviews
Used to be a great app
The Weather Channel App used to be a great App. Now I find it difficult to even open. I touch to open and it immediately closes, so I have to tap a second time. It then takes 20-30 seconds to open. Once the app is open an Upgrade to Premium screen appears first (for a fee). It freezes as I’m using it and I have to close and reopen to get it to work. See steps above that have to be repeated when it freezes. It is slow to respond to screen swiping or moving from one to another.
When viewing the radar section in the app and animating the forecast there was a digital clock showing time as it advances. This is no longer available.
I’m constantly barraged with adds and upgrade requests to the premium version. If I move out of the app and come back, it is frozen and Will close by itself forcing me to re-open. See steps above for re-opening the app.
All in all what once was my go to for temp, precip, forecast, and other weather information this has become a lesson in frustration and not an enjoyable experience. This has been happening not only on my phone but with others I’ve discussed this with.
Although I’ve updated the app and my phone as well, it seems to be getting worse and worse.
Used to be good, but now might delete it!
This weather app is significantly more detailed and accurate than the pre-installed Apple weather app. It has been my weather app of choice for years. But now, they’ve really amped up all the ads. I could maybe look over that if I didn’t end up getting notification after notification of these random stupid “news” stories that so have no interest in. There’s no way to turn off these notifications and I can get up to like 10 notifications a day about random stuff that isn’t even weather related the vast majority of the time. When in the app I have to scroll so far down past so many ads to try to see all the different weather information available. It’s very frustrating and I get that it’s a free app, but with the pandemic causing a lot less travel for myself, I think I might go ahead and delete this now annoying app even though I really liked it because I’d rather just use the regular weather app that has minimal information but no annoying notifications or ads, and if I need a radar or something I’ll just go online to my local news websites and view their weather information. If you could just AT LEAST turn off those useless notifications that I never said yes to, that would be great, but unfortunately there is no option for me to do that so as long as I have the app installed I will continue to receive these useless news notifications more frequently than I am provided any weather notifications.
Had this app for years. Will never use again. Here’s why.
1) as time has gone on it has become more of like a social media platform - the social media. People that are just trying to check the weather are not trying to sit through a 30 second add to do so. And I’m not paying for “pro”
2) stemming off of the 1st point. You are focusing more on pushing content than accurately predicting the weather. If you spent your time and resources on accuracy it would work out better seeing as you call yourself the “weather channel” accuweather does not force ads on you. It does not have an endless stream of videos sitting where you should just be able to view the weather. And they are more accurate.
3) accuracy. The weather channel over exaggerates everything weather but under estimates. If people actually used the weather channel for what is going to happen the next day and plan accordingly. You’d be screwed 90 percent of the time because they are only correct 10 percent of the time.
Example. It’s 9 p.m. and there is a 100 percent chance of rain at 7 a.m. you wake up. No clouds it’s 7. Birds are chirping. “Storms possible at 11 turns into 2 turns into. Wait. Ya’ll thought it was going to rain?” Meanwhile. If you just looked at weatherbug accuweather you’d be better off. At 9 p.m. they both know no weather is coming in at 7 a.m. they don’t just keep adjusting all day and guessing. They use the technology we have at our disposal to make a way more educated guess than weatherchannel.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Weather Channel
- 246.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 14.1 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2022 TWC Product and Technology, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Pro Monthly $4.99
- Premium Pro Annual $29.99
- The Weather Channel Premium $0.99
- The Weather Channel Premium $9.99
- Premium Pro Annual $19.99