Best of 2019, Top Free Apps
Accurate and easy-to-use, you’ll always have the weather forecast at your fingertips with access to the most in-depth weather news and video. Stay ahead of storms with notifications alerting you as storms approach your saved locations, and watch the weather system with our satellite and weather radar maps
- Custom weather notifications for your individual North American locations including your current location, so you can set different thresholds for each location
- Detailed weather forecasts including current observations and temperatures, short term (36 hours), long term (14 days) and hourly forecasts. These forecasts are updated every 15 minutes to ensure accuracy and reliability
- Air quality and UV reports
- Severe weather and storm alerts to notify you when a storm is heading your way. Alerts can include rainfall, lightning, snow, temperature swing, etc. A red alert banner will be displayed on the affected cities and regions with the ability to click-through for more info
- Multiple map layers, including weather radar and satellite
- Precipitation start and stop times within a 10 minute window
- Choose your current location to automatically detect the forecast within 1km of your location
- Available in English or French, based on your device settings
- Siri Shortcuts (iOS 12 and higher): Use the app as you normally would and Siri will learn and suggest your frequently used weather features (e.g. detailed forecast, current radar map, etc.) over time
- These can be tuned from the device’s settings: Settings > Siri & Search > All Shortcuts
Premium Option: In-app purchase
- A one year subscription includes:
- access to the Last 24 Hours which shows you, by hour: actual temperature, humidity, feels like temperature and wind information for the previous 24 hours
- removal of ads
- Subscription 1 Year – USD $2.79 (For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply)
- Additional Subscription Information:
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the Apple account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Scroll down to access weather forecasts, news, videos, current radar map and personalized notifications at a glance
- Tap on the details button next to the current conditions to access yesterday’s high & low temperature and more details like wind speed & direction, humidity, cloud ceiling, and sunrise & sunset times
- Access the weather, current radar map, news and video conveniently via the tab bar
- Add a location by tapping the search icon on the upper right
- Tap on any of the at-a glance modules in the main overview screen to access more details (e.g. tapping on the current radar map preview on the main weather overview page will present the detailed current radar map)
- To get the optimal experience with our weather radar maps, tap and pinch to explore
- Adjust settings and view FAQs via the gear icon on the upper left
We’d love to hear from you! Please send feedback to email@example.com. You can also visit our website at www.theweathernetwork.com, follow us on Facebook: theweathernetworkCAN or Twitter: @weathernetwork
The Weather Network - Your Weather When It Really Matters™
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
This release sees some under the hood fixes and enhancements to ensure the app keeps running like a well oiled machine.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is the only app I can currently find that shows the precipitation in inches on the weekly forecast. I find it very useful to be able to look at a 7-14 day forecast and actually know how much it may rain each day. The percent chance of rain means very little to me. Thank you for this feature! It would be nice to have a scrolling feature for the 14 day forecast directly on the main screen instead of having to click and open the 14 day first. Thanks again.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review. We're super happy that you enjoy using the app. :)
Best of the Best!
I’m not sure this app gets the recognition it deserves, but it’s definitely on of the top weather apps! I believe I have finally left The WeatherBug behind, because This (The Weather Network) app has a much better radar, and it shows the precipitation in inches every day! Thank you for creating a great every day weather app that can be used for every situation! Major Kuddos! 👍
Some usability issues
Good app, I like the way it looks and it tells you what you need to know. But there are some counterintuitive transitions - swiping back doesn't always get you to where you expected to go (i.e. The page you were on before). Also, the 'follow' feature seems to somehow turn on the 'alerts' for the places you've been, which quickly gets annoying if you travel a lot.
- Pelmorex Media Inc.
- 104 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Pelmorex Media Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium - Remove Ads $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.