The World of Chinese Magazine 12+
Top Chinese Society News
The World of Chinese Magazine Co. Ltd.
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Access a full range of insightful content about things China including news, culture, art, society and first-person accounts of people living in China
The World of Chinese is a bi-monthly magazine giving you the lowdown on all things China–news, culture, art, and society. Get access to insightful content that tackles issues in China and get a full coverage of what mainstream headlines forego. Experience China differently with stunning pictures, compelling storytelling, and multimedia content that will fill in the gaps left by regular news outlets.
- Longform writing with in-depth and investigative reporting
- Exclusive podcasts with interviews from some of the most interesting figures in China
- Interviews with Chinese opinion-shapers and newsmakers
- Experienced travel writers and photographers to entertain and inform
- Art, fiction, films, books, and humor that will keep you abreast of all things China
- Tales of ancient China that range from food to sex, and from comedy to wuxia
- A user-friendly interface that helps you read and explore at your own pace
- Language guides that teach you everything from contemporary slang to ancient script
Stability and Performance Improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
A great source of information on China
If you're somebody who wants to learn more about Chinese culture, language, society, and recent news happening in the country, then The World of Chinese should be your go to source!
Great content, mediocre app
The magazine is fantastic, and the regular posts are interesting and informative. But the app on iPad, which I feel is the most natural place to expect readers to read the magazine, needs a significant amount of work, both on the design side and the technical side. I think the app should open to the magazine, or have the magazine accessible more immediately - especially on iPad, opening and having to tap through to get to the main reason I downloaded the app isn’t a huge hassle, but is annoying. I imagine most subscribers feel similarly.
My main gripe is that if I open the app in landscape on iPad, it will open in a vertical view - this would be fine, if it did it properly, but instead half the screen is black and the only way I can get it to open with the proper view is to force close the app and reopen with the iPad held vertically.
Like I said at the beginning, I think the content is great and really interesting and I’m happy to subscribe. But the app leaves something to be desired.
I’ve been wanting to find a magazine like this for months!
Happy to have finally found it. Content is great!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The World of Chinese Magazine Co. Ltd.
- 35.8 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2021 The World of Chinese Magazine
- In-App Purchases
- subscribe《The World of Chinese》for 1year $19.99
- Myth and Legend Supplement $2.99
- Vice Supplement $2.99
- 2014 Travel Supplement $2.99
- Drinking Culture Supplement $2.99
- 2014 Love & Marriage Supplement $2.99
- subscribe《The World of Chinese》for issue 2014.01 $2.99
- 2014 Food Supplement $2.99
- 2016 Issue 2 $2.99
- 2016 Issue 5 $2.99