NOTE: Content only available in the United States and Puerto Rico
Join the movement! The TheaterEars app allows you to watch new release films at the movie theater in Spanish. Simply load the app select your movie, showtime and language to get the movie track on your phone. When you arrive at the movietheater, TheaterEars will sync to the movie through your phone's microphone and then play the full movie soundtrack in your chosen language. For millions, cine en Español, is now within reach without the barriers of language.
• THOUSANDS OF THEATERS AVAILABLE (United States & Puerto Rico): TheaterEars is available in thousands of movie theaters nationwide. Simply select your date, movie theater, and showtime and you’ll be ready to use TheaterEars.
• ADVANCED RESERVATIONS: Want to make sure that you don’t miss out on your favorite upcoming movie? With TheaterEars you can reserve your movie before it comes out (on selected titles). You’ll automatically be notified when the movie is available for you in our area.
• EXCLUSIVE FREE SCREENINGS: TheaterEars hosts free movie screenings exclusively for its app users in selected cities across the country.
• ALL FORMATS: Use TheaterEars for all standard movies plus all premium formats such as IMAX, RealD, 3D, XD, Dolby Cinema, and more.
• EASY TO CHANGE SHOWTIME: Change of plans? No problem. Change your movie showtime directly on the app anytime before showtime.
• MULTI-LANGUAGE SUPPORT: Need support in English…en Español? No problem. TheaterEars interfaces with its users in both English and Spanish.
• RATE & SHARE YOUR FAVORITE MOVIES: Love a movie? You can show your love by rating it on the TheaterEars app. Then you can share your ratings with friends on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
• MOVIE DESCRIPTIONS: Learn more about upcoming and current movies, access the movie summary, actors, and more on the TheaterEars app.
Thousands have used TheaterEars to watch great movies such as Coco, Jumanji, Despicable Me 3, Pitch Perfect 3, Downsizing, Wonder Woman, Valerian, and more. TheaterEars is always adding new movies, so stay tuned for updates.
Thanks for using TheaterEars! We are bringing regular updates to give you the best experience possible while using the application.
Here are list of enhancements in latest update:
- Changes to photo gallery feature on movie detail screen
- Optimized app performance and minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Went to try this app the other day before recommending it to my mom and it worked great! Watched Solo and it synced perfectly, never buffered or stopped. I was worried that I wouldn’t hear over the loud movie sound but I did- in fact I couldn’t hear the English version in background and there’s no need to, as the audio track contains everything, not just dialogue. I was worried other ppl would be able to hear the sound from my earphones, but that didn’t happen either. I took off my earphones a couple of times at different volumes to check and nothing. I was also pleased to hear LA Spanish as opposed to the Spain accent I had heard previously in a video advertising this app (nothing wrong with it, my accent just happens to be LA) anyway. I’m looking forward to more movie and language options! As a polyglot, I’d definitely appreciate the fun option to hear my favorite movies in different languages! Great job so far :)
Actually one question: why do we need to “download the track” every time? Can’t we just do it once and then unlock it by choosing the movie showtime or something? I kept changing plans and while at home it downloaded in seconds, when I did it at the theater before the movie it took around 10mins. Not a deal breaker because I was early just something that could be better.
Great for those non English Speakers: Amazing !!!
I went to the movies to watch Jurassic World, I was really nervous about it, wasn’t really sure if it was going to work. It took me 2 tries to make it work at the begging of the movie, i also believe that you need and internet connection in order to play the audio in the movies, which it was probably why did not worked on my mom’s phone. I also believe it was because the beginning has not dialog and maybe had some troubles recognizing the audio. I also used Bose Quit Comfort 35 to cancel as much noise as posible, it worked great because the audio from TheaterEars also includes sound effects and voices. This is truly great. My mom is really happy that I found this app, now she can go to the movies with me and understand everything about it! Thank you!
Best thing ever!! Can’t believe this app is available and the theaters don’t tell you. I called several theaters to ask for Spanish accommodations and all told me they didn’t have any for Jurassic World. We found this app and we took our cousin who was visiting from Mexico to the movies and she was able to enjoy the movie with us! We watched Jurassic World and it synced perfectly with the movie. We were worried that the audio would be off but it synchronizes with the audio once you’re in the theater and the movie begins.
Tip* Make sure to download the audio when you have good Data Service or in WiFi. You can download the audio one day before (at least that’s what I did).
Recommend it for everyone who has family or friends that only understand spanish.
- Theater Ears, LLC
- 104.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Theater Ears, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Translation $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.