Theatre Terms is a practical reference utility for theatrical professionals and interpreters/translators to work in theaters in China. Providing theatrical stage terms in both English and Mandarin Chinese, along with over 350 visual references to assist production staff and translators to communicate.
A must-have companion for both technicians, actors, musicians and others touring China.
This offline self-contained app is the first and only app to support theatre in China. It is useful for touring shows, concerts, musicians, producers, technical, performers and theatre crews to achieve common understanding with budgeting, contracts, marketing, technical production, living and general support terminologies.
* No data connection required -- designed to be offline for practical use on stage;
* A searchable listing now with over 6,500 terms -- search in English or Chinese;
* An alphabetical listing in English & Chinese many with a Chinese description;
* Listing by department of key terms;
* Copy & Paste any term or click on words to have them spoken to you;
* A practical (and fun) guide to China for tourists;
* Theatrical facts historical timeline;
* Overview of Theatrical and Chinese superstitions;
* Guide to the Chinese Zodiac;
* Historical Chinese dynasties timeline;
* Over 300 retina ready floor plans, cross sections & theatrical images in a quick visual reference.
"It saved us thousands in translation costs for our tour of China, paid for itself in the first 5 minutes on stage at the Shanghai Grand Theatre. Best value ever."
— David W., PM, Australia
Developed as a practical guide by Toby Simkin, 30+ year veteran of Broadway, the West End and global touring, and longest serving foreign theater professional in China (since 2003). The terms and functionality have been developed by our industry for our industry.
New database, new features!
Now includes a comprehensive guide to China, plus Theatrical facts timeline, theatrical superstitions, Chinese superstitions, the zodiac, warning about fakes in China, Chinese dynasties and so much more.
New design features to help you find translations and theatrical terms faster and more efficiently.
Famed TheatreTerms is now expanded to help you both on-stage and off-stage with hotel, transport and general survival support.
PinYin for each term included.
More fun, and more user friendly!
- Toby Simkin
- 90.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2016 Toby Simkin's Broadway Entertainment, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.