Described by Wall Street Journal as “Software that thinks like you do” and MacLife as “the most compelling mind mapping adaption we’ve encountered.” Winner of KMWorld's Trendsetting Products.
TheBrain lets you see and connect everything across all your devices. Capture ideas, web pages, files and notes and always find them - just like you think of them. With TheBrain you will even see related items that would otherwise be forgotten.
TheBrain combines the best of note taking, file synchronization and mind mapping apps to give you the ultimate digital memory. See your ideas and information like never before with your own digital Brain.
AWARD WINNING VISUALIZATION
Navigate across all key topics and information within your Brain's Thought network and connections.
DYNAMIC MIND MAPPING
Move beyond conventional mind maps and linear folder storage with TheBrain’s animated links and visualization that enable any Thought or file to be connected to anything else.
EASY IDEA CAPTURE
Just type in a new Thought, make a connection or take a note. Your Brain stores it all.
CLOUD AND DESKTOP SYNC
Your Brain can be accessed anywhere. This means all your key ideas, notes and files are available to you on all your devices!
Find any file, web page or idea in seconds.
VISUAL FILE MANAGEMENT
Add web pages, photos and documents to your Thoughts. All linked the way you think.
NO LIMITS BRAINSTORMING AND IDEA MAPPING
See your ideas, make connections and gain new insights in TheBrain’s visual interface
SHARE YOUR BRAIN
Publish and share your Brain on the cloud. You can even synchronize Thoughts with team members through TheBrain Desktop software.
Here are a few ideas how you can use TheBrain for work or life:
• Digitize your mind. Start with your name then create Thoughts for all aspects of your business and personal life. Your Brain will be become a reflection of your mind and grow more powerful as you use it.
• Use as "everything in your life manager" or for key projects. You’ll get the big picture on all your information and drill down to the right file or detail within seconds.
• Capture your ideas and interesting content and activate it in your Brain when you need it.
• Use your Brain to organize trips, travel and key events.
• Add Thoughts to deepen understanding on key concepts for smarter research.
• Go from ideas to action by capturing all your goals and then adding even more connected Thoughts and all the right information to achieve and get things done.
• Brainstorm and build a complete knowledgebase to foster innovative ideas and inject some spark in your projects.
• Aggregate all your inspirations in a way that captures your vision and take any writing project to the next level.
• Link people, projects and the right information to get a smarter view of business operations.
• Create a topic-oriented Brain on your key passion or special interest to bring all the right content to life and get the big picture.
• Create Brains and add Thoughts for your personal projects like home renovations or new product purchases for personal productivity and organization.
• To make the most of TheBrain install it on your computer and all devices. TheBrain's powerful macOS and Windows clients sync seamlessly with iOS so you’ll always have your best ideas and information with you.
* Swipe left/right from edge of view to navigate forward/back
* iPad: Preliminary trackpad and mouse pointer support
* iPad: Support for keyboard navigation in the plex
* Various fixes and enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
If you are an avid user of TheBrain 9 desktop application you will find yourself with the desire to access and manipulate the information in your brain(s). The iPad and iPhone apps allow just that. Though they do not allow all of the manipulation you can do in the desktop app, it feels like every few months an improvement comes out that allows more desktop features in the mobile apps.
I look forward to seeing how TheBrain Tech brings more access and functionality going forward.
This is a wonderful app. It helps you organize thoughts like no other app and harnesses the natural way your brain makes associations. Example: What was the name of my son’s friends mom who I met at basketball practice? If you spend a couple seconds capturing information, you can recall information like this at a personal and professional level. You might find it through the friends name, or the link to basketball, or the link to school, or the fact that she works for GE or anything else like that that may help you find your way back to her name. I spend a couple moments each day over coffee adding information to my Brain. Each time I do it become more valuable to me.
Still a long way to go but with recent updates, the app is significantly more usable. Below is my old review.
I wish more love were given to this app. It could be an amazing companion to the desktop app. Sadly though it hasn't changed since its initial minimal feature set release. It still doesn't have native resolution on iPhone 6 and it is completely broken on iOS 9 (though I imagine this will be fixed fairly quickly) and some features (the inbox) don't even work on iOS 8.
At least update it to make it remember the last thought you were looking at when you re-open the app. The Brain is by far the most expensive software I use and it seems to be languishing big time.
Developer Response ,
We spent the last several years working on Version 9 of TheBrain, which is now out for iOS (and macOS and Windows). This is a major rewrite and has many new features and improvements. FYI, the next major thing we are doing for iOS is making changes to take advantage of new screen resolutions as we are unfortunately still behind on that front. Thanks for your feedback.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.