Hundreds of thousands of people made Theseus one of the top selling puzzle games in the app store in the past. Theseus has been updated with all new graphics and 100 new levels.
This iOS app is bundled with the Apple TV app! Take Theseus on the go or play in your living room!
Reviews for Theseus:
"With a set of superb levels and the kind of gameplay that can entice you for either hourly marathons or quick-minute fixes, Theseus is easily one of the best puzzlers available, and that's no myth." --Pocketgamer: 9/10 Gold Award
* "This may be the best game I have purchased so far."
* "This app is one of the few gems around the app store."
* "Challenging, highly addictive, but also easy to take out and play in small chunks of time, this is the perfect mobile app game."
* "The game is extremely awesome and fun to play. Unlike many other games this was actually worth the money I had paid to obtain it."
Based on an original concept from puzzle-master Robert Abbott, Theseus is a refreshing twist on the traditional maze. As Theseus, you must reach the exit of the labyrinth while avoiding the terrible Minotaur. The Minotaur takes two steps for every one of yours, but follows a strict set of rules that you can use to outsmart him.
The Theseus game engine provides complete control over move history, allowing you to undo all moves. You'll need it, since outmaneuvering the Minotaur can be quite a difficult task. Each level will reward you with that "Ah-hah!" moment when you discover the trick to trapping the Minotaur in the various nooks and crannies of the maze.
This package provides over 190 levels of increasing difficulty. Can you conquer them all? Only the most experienced navigators have been able to solve the final set.
* Over 190 Levels of increasingly difficult layouts
* Complete and unlimited undo of move history - don't worry about death!
* Automatically restores your current puzzle if the game is interrupted
Some people may know this game as Mummy Maze, but did you know that Mummy Maze was developed as a knockoff of the original Theseus?
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great game back
I’ve enjoyed the game since the original Robert Abbott website, and had the previous app versions; please bring back:
1. An option to use the original controls (more precise)
2. The feature where coming back to a previous position for both pieces brings you back to the move counter associated with that position
3. A restart the level control
I just wish the old reset level option was back and the “auto reset” on the counter where if you return to an old position it automatically counts down instead of up. Otherwise it’s fantastic! I have owned the original since the iPod touch first came out!
I played the original Theseus app for hours upon hours and was sad to see a message pop up that it no longer works on my version of iOS. Well, it’s great to see that the app has been updated and relaunched.
The challenges are as good as I expected, although the controls could be improved. Dragging around the cube feels clunky and slow, and is prone to error. It’s frustrating when I click the screen by mistake and the minotaur leaps towards me. A different option for controls would be appreciated.
Also, I’m not a fan of the new 3D map. It’s a bit pixelated and asymmetrical (it’s supposed to look tilted but doesn’t really).
Overall, I’m happy to be playing this again. THANK YOU to the developers for updating the app and bringing it back.
- Jason Fieldman
- 75.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © (c) 2015 Jason Fieldman
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.