Get things done! The award-winning Things app helps you plan your day, manage your projects, and make real progress toward your goals.
Best of all, it’s easy to use. Within the hour, you’ll have everything off your mind and neatly organized—from routine tasks to your biggest life goals—and you can start focusing on what matters today.
“Things offers the best combination of design and functionality of any app we tested, with nearly all the features of other power user applications and a delightful interface that never gets in the way of your work.”
—Wirecutter, The New York Times
• Your To-Dos
Your basic building block is the almighty To-Do—each a small step toward a great accomplishment. You can add notes, tag it, schedule it, and break it down into smaller steps.
• Your Projects
Create a Project for any big goal, then add the to-dos to reach it. Use headings to structure your list as you outline your plan. There’s also a place to jot down your notes, and a deadline to keep you on schedule.
• Your Areas
Create an Area for each sphere of your life, such as Work, Family, Finance, and so on. This keeps everything neatly organized, and helps you see the big picture as you set your plans in motion.
• Your Plan
Everything on your schedule is neatly laid out in the Today and Upcoming lists, which show your to-dos and calendar events. Each morning, see what you planned for Today and decide what you want to do. The rest is down to you :)
MORE THINGS TO LOVE
As you dive deeper, you’ll find Things packed with helpful features. Here are just a few:
• Reminders — set a time and Things will remind you.
• Repeaters — automatically repeat to-dos on a schedule you set.
• This Evening — a special place for your evening plans.
• Calendar integration — see your events and to-dos together.
• Tags — categorize your to-dos and quickly filter lists.
• Quick Find — instantly find to-dos or switch between lists.
• Magic Plus — drag the + button to insert to-dos anywhere in a list.
• Share extension — create to-dos with content from other apps.
• Widgets — see your lists on the home screen.
• Mail to Things — forward an email to Things; now it’s a to-do.
• And much more!
MADE FOR IPHONE
Things is tailored to the iPhone with deep system integrations as well. A great example is the Share extension, which allows you to create to-dos with content from other apps, such as a link to a website you want to get back to.
You can also enjoy a beautiful dark mode at sunset, connect your calendars, add widgets to your home screen, create to-dos via Siri, import from Reminders—Things can do it all! There’s even Shortcuts integration if you want to automate your workflows.
MADE FOR APPLE WATCH
Things comes with a great app for Apple Watch. Just raise your wrist to glance at your Today list, mark to-dos complete as you go, and dictate new ones on the fly—all synced instantly with your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Made in Stuttgart, with two Apple Design Awards to its name, Things is a fine example of German engineering: designed not only to look fantastic, but to be perfectly functional as well. Every detail is thoughtfully considered, then polished to perfection.
“It’s like the unicorn of productivity tools: deep enough for serious work, surprisingly easy to use, and gorgeous enough to enjoy staring at.”
GET THINGS TODAY
Whatever it is you want to accomplish in life, Things can help you get there. Install the app today and see what you can do!
• Things is also available for Mac and iPad (sold separately).
• Sync is provided for free via our Things Cloud service.
• A free trial is available for Mac: thingsapp.com
If you have any questions, please get in touch. We provide professional support and will be glad to help you!
• Improved the performance of widgets.
• Improved the performance of the tags popover.
• Improved the method for syncing changes to Things Cloud.
• Fixed a bug where the order of sections in the Deadlines list could be incorrect sometimes.
• Fixed a bug where the wrong date format would be used for to-dos with start dates exactly 6 days in the future.
• Fixed a bug where the reminder notification UI could appear cut-off on Apple Watch.
• Fixed a bug where logged to-dos would appear individually in the Logbook even when their parent project was also logged.
• Fixed some crashes that could occur when receiving changes from Things Cloud while viewing the Logbook.
• Fixed some translations in the Simplified Chinese translation.
• Various other changes and improvements under the hood.
New features! Widgets for your Home screen, Scribble support for iPad, new Complications for Apple Watch, integration with Wind Down, and more – available now for iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and watchOS 7.
WIDGETS — iPhone & iPad
Things’ beautiful new Widgets live on your Home screen, right next to your app icons, where they can display any list you want. Quickly glance at what you’re doing Today, see what’s Upcoming on your schedule, stay on top of your most urgent project, view tag-filtered lists – the possibilities are endless!
SCRIBBLE — iPad & Apple Pencil
You can now scribble on your iPad’s screen and Things will convert your handwriting into text! Use your Apple Pencil to write out a list of to-dos or jot down some notes – just open Things and start scribbling. Scribble in an open space to insert a to-do, or scribble into a field where you would normally type (notes, checklist, etc.).
COMPLICATIONS — Apple Watch
We’ve added two great new complications for this release. The “Today” complication shows your next three to-dos on Infograph Modular or Modular Compact, while the “New To-Do” complication puts a handy + button on your watch face to streamline data entry.
WIND DOWN — iPhone
As bedtime draws near, your iPhone can help you close out the day and make sure you’re ready for tomorrow. You’ll see a shortcut to quickly review tomorrow’s to-dos before you go to sleep, or you can configure other shortcuts to suit your needs. Open your Health app to set this up (in the Sleep settings).
• We’ve improved the way project and to-do notes are synced. (As a result, you can also write much longer notes.)
• The Siri watch face will now show to-dos with upcoming reminders.
• The Apple Watch now runs Shortcuts, so you can control Things from your wrist. Out of milk? One tap is all you need for Things to remind you to pick some up. Create your Things shortcuts in the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
• In the Shortcuts app on iPhone & iPad, you can now select one of your tags in the “Show List” action.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Everyone needs a task manager—and Things is adaptable enough for anyone. This Apple Design Award winner is crisp and lightweight, featuring a simple but effective interface. The ever-present Magic Plus button makes it easy to add to-dos from anywhere in the app, and organizing items is as simple as dragging them where you want them. It’s like the unicorn of productivity tools: deep enough for serious work, surprisingly easy to use, and gorgeous enough to enjoy staring at.
The Essential To Do App
Instead of boosting my productivity, my previous task management app had so many customization options that it actually ate away at my time. It became a procrastination tool. I could spend an hour entering dates, setting up filters, and customizing views only to realize at the end of that time that I hadn’t actually gotten anything done. In contrast, Things 3 is wonderfully simple and clarifying. It’s as powerful as my previous app, but it strips out all the distractions and the fussiness, leaving pure, easy-to-access essentials: tagging, scheduling & project organizing. The scheduling feature has been the real game changer for me. The app tracks due dates (if you have them) but—more importantly— you can also add a schedule date for each task. The interface makes it very easy to add, move, & view tasks in the schedule (while keeping due dates fixed). So you can plan your time (and easily rearrange that plan as needed). If you’re a GTD person, you can still use that methodology with Things 3 projects & tags. But I find that I do better by adding the accountability of a scheduled list of things that I want to get done on a particular day or in a particular week. Things 3 helps me organize and manage that schedule better than anything else I’ve found. And it gives me the powerhouse organization tool I need without sucking me down a rabbit hole of customization options.
It’s worth it!
I have tried numerous apps to try to stay on top of what I need to do, reoccurring tasks, upcoming events, and my accomplishments each day. I’ve used free apps, one-time fee apps, and subscription based apps. I end up either deleting them immediately, or I eventually stop using them due to how inefficient they are, or I end up with several apps to cover all my needs. I tried just using a regular physical journal, which I do recommend and I still use; but it doesn’t help me with reoccurring tasks or my incredibly long list of things I need to do for a specific category. An example would be, I have a special needs child who needs specialized schooling and assistance with every day tasks. Getting him the help he needs is covered by various government services but requires numerous steps on my part to get each need of his covered. It would require me to have a large desk planner to have something like this (which is basically a project but a one person, non paid project) planned out on a physical planner; but this app eliminates that necessity. I’m still new to this app, and I’m certain that I’m not using it to its extent, but as of now, it has been the best to-do app I’ve come across; paid or free! I have my fingers crossed that I’ll be able to delete some of my other apps and replace them with Things3!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- 101.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2021 Cultured Code
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.