Create your own music inspired by minimalist composer Steve Reich! Pulitzer-prize winner Steve Reich has been called “America’s greatest living composer” (the Village Voice). Chicago-based percussion quartet Third Coast Percussion released a new album of Reich’s music in 2016 to celebrate the composer’s 80th birthday, and created this app to give audiences a new way to engage with this amazing music.
- Create your own musical content by recording sounds, building your own musical patterns, altering playback speed, “phase-shifting” a pattern against itself, and more.
- Share your musical creations via social media or e-mail.
- Explore minimalism with 3 different activities based on concepts from Steve Reich’s music.
- Listen to excerpts from Third Coast Percussion’s new album or buy the album.
- Share a video of your performance to social media
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
not only can you delve into a couple of Reich's ideas, you can use your own sound to mess around further
easy to navigate and use!
This is so compelling! I keep coming back and trying different things. My toddler daughter is also having fun with it, hearing different sounds & rhythms. Makes sense, as she listened to a lot of TCP in the womb!
Fun to personalize!
I have had fun recording my own sounds and samples and have just discovered that you can change the pitches in the canon feature.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.