Gower is a land of history, beauty and amazing variety. This fun and interactive app will help you explore Britain’s first Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and learn about its natural and built heritage, its archaeology and lesser-known industrial history, together with past traditions and practices.
As walking is the main way of accessing many of the peninsula’s special features, this app is packed with many walking trails, varying in length and theme for you to explore. Along the way you will encounter places of interest that reveal Gower’s past; read fascinating stories, view enchanting photographs and hear directly from local people, known as Gowerians, as well as others who share their passion and expertise with you and who have brought this app to life through the audio clips.
- Maps and directions for 17 walking trails of varying distance and themes, with GPS tracking
- Fascinating information about over 80 places of interest that make Gower unique
- Audio snippets from ‘Gowerians’ and other people who are passionate about Gower
- Create your own virtual postcard and share it with your friends and family
- Accessibility settings - change colours/fonts, English or Welsh language
- Collect badges for places visited
This app makes use of GPS to show you places of interest close to your current location. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Badges reinstated - collect badges as you explore places - and content filtering updates.
- AT Creative Limited
- 167.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Urdu
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 City and County of Swansea
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.