Dive into a deep story of corruption, crime and intrigue. Take the role of gritty Police Chief Jack Boyd, and come face to face with the ugly underbelly of Freeburg, a city spiraling the drain. Will Jack reach his retirement with a nice stack of bills, or will he end up broken ... or worse?
Manage your staff, respond to emergencies, and investigate crimes in a city on the brink of chaos. The mafia underworld maneuvers behind the scenes, sinking their claws ever deeper into the city, even as the mayor is ready to exploit every situation to his political advantage.
Choose your approach to each situation as it unfolds. Sometimes you’ll be responding to a developing crisis at a crime scene, or negotiating with Freeburg’s crime bosses. Sometimes you’ll find yourself dodging questions in the press room, or even the occasional cross-examination in the witness box. Can you keep this pressure cooker from exploding, at least for long enough to stash away a nice retirement nest egg?
- Your mission is clear: make $500,000 in 180 days before Jack Boyd reaches retirement. How? That’s up to you!
- Decisions, decisions! This Is the Police is all about a dark story and how you react to it. Whatever you decide, your choices will influence the game – and the fate of Jack Boyd.
- The Good, the Bad, and... the Ugly? The Chief of Freeburg's Police Department deals with all kind of people. It is up to you to find the bad guys and decide how to deal with them.
- Carry out your duties. As head of Freeburg PD, Jack deals with all sorts of challenges every day: responding to emergencies, managing his officers, defending the department against City Hall and a corrupt mayor, and much more.
- Solve Investigations and gather evidence against the criminal gangs of Freeburg.
- Deal with the competing powers of the city. Everyone offers you favors, and each one comes at a price.
Rich and fully voiced story: Jack Boyd is portrayed by Jon St. John, the voice of Duke Nukem.
Added marketing localization
Ratings and Reviews
Worked for me
I was a little scared to get it after seeing all the bad comments but it worked just fine for me. Fun game.
Fun and addicting management
Way longer than I was anticipating with a mostly gripping story, that gets better as it goes along, and some interesting characters and awesome music! Gameplay is enjoyable but tedious at times, although it does occasionally throw a few neat wrinkles in. I do understand where people are coming from with their complaints about the game’s rather cold depiction of racism, but I do think they were most likely trying to reflect reality in the game. You can definitely ignore the mayors directives with no penalty at all if you do your job well.
Now, I’m on to the sequel! Thanks for making such a quality game here devs!
I agree with this game being Racially Insensitive
I don’t care what anyone says, I understand about it being a straight and narrow storyline but this game mentions a FEW different times about blacks. Firing all blacks, “black gangster” etc. I was willing to ignore the first comment and charge it to the storyline but I agree with the person who mentioned it as “racially insensitive”. Now, on the positive side, this game is fun to play, it has great developments, graphics, and does have a good storyline. The only thing I wasn’t too big of a fan about was the comments made about blacks. I said what I said bc if they mentioned your race throughout the entire storyline as gangsters and in derogatory ways as such, you will feel a bit offended too.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- www.handy-games.com GmbH
- 2.1 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Weappy Studio. Published & Distributed by www.handy-games.com GmbH a division of THQ Nordic GmbH.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.