Dive into a deep story of corruption, crime and intrigue. Take the role of gritty Police Chief Jack Boyd, and come face to face with the ugly underbelly of Freeburg, a city spiraling the drain. Will Jack reach his retirement with a nice stack of bills, or will he end up broken ... or worse?
Manage your staff, respond to emergencies, and investigate crimes in a city on the brink of chaos. The mafia underworld maneuvers behind the scenes, sinking their claws ever deeper into the city, even as the mayor is ready to exploit every situation to his political advantage.
Choose your approach to each situation as it unfolds. Sometimes you’ll be responding to a developing crisis at a crime scene, or negotiating with Freeburg’s crime bosses. Sometimes you’ll find yourself dodging questions in the press room, or even the occasional cross-examination in the witness box. Can you keep this pressure cooker from exploding, at least for long enough to stash away a nice retirement nest egg?
- Your mission is clear: make $500,000 in 180 days before Jack Boyd reaches retirement. How? That’s up to you!
- Decisions, decisions! This Is the Police is all about a dark story and how you react to it. Whatever you decide, your choices will influence the game – and the fate of Jack Boyd.
- The Good, the Bad, and... the Ugly? The Chief of Freeburg's Police Department deals with all kind of people. It is up to you to find the bad guys and decide how to deal with them.
- Carry out your duties. As head of Freeburg PD, Jack deals with all sorts of challenges every day: responding to emergencies, managing his officers, defending the department against City Hall and a corrupt mayor, and much more.
- Solve Investigations and gather evidence against the criminal gangs of Freeburg.
- Deal with the competing powers of the city. Everyone offers you favors, and each one comes at a price.
Rich and fully voiced story: Jack Boyd is portrayed by Jon St. John, the voice of Duke Nukem.
Added marketing localization
Ratings and Reviews
Worked for me
I was a little scared to get it after seeing all the bad comments but it worked just fine for me. Fun game.
Good game, no replayability though
Glad to see this game works on my phone. Sad to see reviews where it didn’t work. Saw some joker leave a review about how this game is racially insensitive by referencing when city hall wants you to fire all black cops(which you can easily just not do it and there’s basically little to no penalty for it). But I guess my point is that there’s also times where they want you to hire more poc in order to please some political figure that is visiting. It certainly doesn’t have double standards to it, just showing the political side of it. It’s just an add on to the corruption you’re facing with your character’s “straight and narrow” backstory. To completely disregard race as an issue that people face with is just, close minded. How are we to become better if we are to turn our backs on what makes us feel uncomfortable? Anyways, where this game lacks is replayability. The game is the same every time you play it. So once it’s done, it’s done. If it had an rng aspect on how the crimes get solved it would be fairly timeless but the lack in making it replayable is what prevents this from being one of my favorite games of all time. I came back to this review and I see the joker I referred to changed their review to reply to mine. Makes me grin. Haha.
Fun and addicting management
Way longer than I was anticipating with a mostly gripping story, that gets better as it goes along, and some interesting characters and awesome music! Gameplay is enjoyable but tedious at times, although it does occasionally throw a few neat wrinkles in. I do understand where people are coming from with their complaints about the game’s rather cold depiction of racism, but I do think they were most likely trying to reflect reality in the game. You can definitely ignore the mayors directives with no penalty at all if you do your job well.
Now, I’m on to the sequel! Thanks for making such a quality game here devs!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- www.handy-games.com GmbH
- 2.1 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Weappy Studio. Published & Distributed by www.handy-games.com GmbH a division of THQ Nordic GmbH.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.