Threads is a fast and easy way to update and stay up-to-date with your close friends.
Focus on Close Friends
- See messages, statuses and stories from close friends first.
See Your Instagram Messages
- You can chat with anyone on Instagram from Threads, even if they don't have Threads.
Set a Status to Share What You're Up To
- Create a status for only your close friends to see on Instagram and Threads.
Create Video Notes
- Automatically add captions to anything you say when you record a video.
Send Photos Faster
- Quickly send photos and videos to your close friends right from your camera.
Choose Your Own Theme
- Personalize the color of your app and icon.
The latest version contains bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Merge this app with insta
The features I’ve seen in Threads have so much lovely design. I love the animations and the UI is clean. Why can’t you just merge this with instagram dms instead? The dms lack a lot of features to begin with to compete with other messaging platforms such as Telegram, Messenger from Facebook, and WhatsApp. The fact that you had to make a whole other app just for messaging seems like a step back. Instead of giving these features to a wider range of people. This app is good no doubt but I feel like the function is flawed given that I have to switch between apps just so I can change my status. Even then I want more people to see it other than my close friends. The status feature could be so useful. These are all personal preferences and views on how Instagram can be better. Merging this app into Instagram dms would save a whole lot of time.
My Review for Threads
I’ve downloaded the app since the day it launch. Although it’s a really neat app it’s lacking features. I tried sending GIF’s and it doesn’t work, i sent voice notes and noticed you can’t skip forward the the recordings. Facebook owns Whatsapp, messenger, instagram, and threads. With all that being said what is the purpose of having 3 MESSAGING apps with different names on them? Why not merged all 3 of then together and make it one messaging app with all the features, options, and customization of all 3?
All thought it’s fluid and has some nice colors the most i’d give it is a 3 stars. I’d give Whatsapp and messenger 3 stars as well, adl me why? Well because why the need of 3 messaging apps? They all serve the same purpose “communication” now merge’em until then my stars stay as 3 stars.
It’s the lack of features for me 😒
I know I’m late to the party and all, but dang, I don’t even know if this party was worth coming to.
Auto-captioning works great (granted, I haven’t thrown any obnoxious words at it to try to figure out yet), but I want my video filters! Not the crazy face changing ones, just the whole camera/vibey ones. And you can’t change the font of the captioning like you can in your regular stories.
If the captioning is really the only special thing you can do in this app - you can already private message a video to your friends in the main app, tf? - why not just make that a new feature IN THE MAIN APP? Y’all are taking up space on my phone for.......what exactly?
- Instagram, Inc.
- 97.4 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.