Thyng brings the world around you to life by allowing you to create your own Augmented Reality scenes and share them with the world! Thyng 5.0 combines the power of Augmented Reality and Social Media by allowing you to share your Augmented Reality scenes – and when you do, anyone who follows you will automatically see your Augmented Reality scenes appear in the world around them. You can easily build your own shared Augmented Reality experiences by adding 3D Objects, adding your own photos, and even adding your own videos. In this way, the real world becomes an amazing canvas for creating and sharing 3D Augmented Reality experiences with your friends!
Thyng 5.0 is the fifth generation of the groundbreaking Thyng Augmented Reality app. With Thyng 5.0 you can experience amazing Augmented Reality in multiple ways – including Environment-based AR where objects appear in the Environment around you, and also Target-based AR where experiences can appear on specific Targets. With Thyng Environments Mode, powered by ARKit, you can create your own incredible Augmented Reality experiences in the Environment around you and share them with the world. With Thyng Targets Mode (activated by tapping the “Targets Mode” button in the upper left of the home screen), any product, logo, or sign can come to life with a specific Augmented Reality experience displayed directly on the product itself, including marketing messages, recipes, coupons, and even “Buy Now” buttons. Download the Thyng app to experience Augmented Reality like you’ve never seen it before!
Version 5.0.1 of the Thyng app now allows you to save and share your Augmented Reality scenes with friends in four amazing ways:
(1) You can save and share all of your 3D AR objects by simply adding objects to your scene, then tap on the Cloud Share button in the lower right to share your objects – anyone who follows you will automatically see your shared 3D AR objects appear in the world around them! Also those shared objects will be saved so that the next time you enter your AR scene those objects will automatically re-appear.
(2) You can share links to your AR Scenes on social media by tapping on the Cloud Share button in the lower right and selecting Create Link, this creates a link that you can share anywhere (including email, text, and social media) that will allow your friends to tap on that link and view your shared 3D AR objects in their world around them.
(3) You can take videos of your AR Scenes and share those videos on ThyngTV and other social media platforms for everyone to see.
(4) You can follow other Thyng users and see their shared 3D AR objects appear in the world around you!
Version 5.0.1 of the Thyng app also includes the following fixes:
- Deep Links to ThyngTV videos now work properly in all scenarios
- The Cloud Share button now works if objects are in the scene but no objects are selected
- Cloned objects can now be shared
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t Like New Version
New Review: old version was easier to use and quicker now this new version makes it hard for people to manipulate objects in 2d or multiple objects. I wish they make small changes not this radical jump so it is no longer familiar to experienced users.
Old review:Tons of fun. It is a new frontier in technology marrying digital images and reality. staff at Thyng are great and help me upload My own 3D object to my own folder for use.
Ok so First off it doesn’t even work it doesn’t give you a tutorial or anything so that you even know what to do! And then I tried using it and I am no idea what to do so I just clicked on the big circle thing in the middle and my opens and then there is the line and it just kept on going up and down with green dots all over the place and it may no sense and I couldn’t even figure out how to do with the pictures do you like how to add like a panda or something onto your floor don’t get this app it doesn’t work it’s nothing like in the pictures trust me I thought it would be a great app and I don’t know what you people’s giving it five stars are thinking but it does not work at all or I’m doing something but I doubt. It so don’t get this app!!! And if you hit service animal under the thing in the middle and then it showed up saying this device doesn’t have blah blah blah blah blah. I am very confused please fix my complaints
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thank you for your review! It appears that you are running on an older iPhone model (an iPhone 6 or older). In order to access all of the amazing Thyng functionality, you will need an iPhone 6s or later. Thyng utilizes the latest incredible ARKit platform available from Apple, which requires an iPhone 6s or later. The message that you were getting on your phone that you referenced in your review, is official language from Apple indicating that your older device does not support ARKit. Also, there is a wonderful 23 screen tutorial that automatically launches when you first run the Thyng app, and is then easily available at any time by simply tapping the info button at the lower right of any Thyng screen. The tutorial walks you through how to create amazing AR experiences in the world around you with Thyng! Thanks again for being a Thyng user! The Thyng Team.
Amazing ARKit app for augmented reality
This is an excellent AR authoring app. I was creating my own AR experiences within a couple of minutes after installing this super cool AR app from Thyng. User interface is clean and simple. Fun library of pre-built 3D objects, and bringing in my own photos and videos was awesome. Getting started with ARKit and augmented reality was my reason for trying Thyng and it was exactly what I needed. So fun to play with, and support for both target-based AR and surface-based AR helped me to see how powerful AR can be. Nice job to the developers! Looking forward to where you go from here.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Thyng, LLC
- 94.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Thyng, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Landmarks Pack $4.99
- Anatomy Pack $2.99
- Dynamic Dinosaurs Pack $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.