Tiara is a chromatic instrument tuner that allows you to accurately and rapidly tune your instrument. Tiara uses the built-in microphone in your iPhone or an external microphone.
- Scale: 12-note equal temperament
- Range(sin wave): A0(27.50 Hz)-C8(4186 Hz)
- Concert A pitch: 400.0 Hz ... 500.0 Hz (0.1 Hz steps)
- Internal Tuning Accuracy: ±0.1 cent
- Analog Tuning Meter
- Hi-speed response
- Wave Oscilloscope
- Strobe display for harmonics tuning (tap oscilloscope)
- VU Meter (Input boost on/off by touching VU Meter)
- Calibration (A4 Reference Tone Required)
- In Tune Flash function flashes tuning meter when the pitch stabilizes within a range of one cent above or below the correct pitch.
(*) Avoid letting the mic pick up any extraneous sound while tuning.
(*) Even if the pitch within the range of detection, it may not be possible to detect the pitch of an instrumental sound that contains large numbers of overtones or that has a rapid decay (e.g., very low or very high notes on a piano).
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- update for iOS 11.
- fixed: crashing when strobe display (by tapping oscilloscope)
Ratings and Reviews
Does not work as described
The tuner seems to work until you notice the note and frequency is way off by several octaves. It would not calibrate either. I sent an email to the company and never received a reply after one week. Finally, I discovered you need to plug in a microphone into the headphone jack, then it works. The builtin Iphone microphone does not work as described in the software description. I have the first generation 4 gig Iphone running OS 3.
TIARA TUNER IS A RIPOFF!!!
DO NOT BUY THIS APP UNDER ANY CONDITION!!! I made the mistake of wasting $5 on this colossal disaster and I am regretting it. First of all the "tuner" was off as much as a tri-tone!!!! I kept playing an A on my piano and it read it as a really really flat D#!!! (At this point I should point out that I am a PROFESSIONAL MUSICIAN and I know the difference between an A 440 and a D#!! THAT'S MY JOB!!!). So I decided to "calibrate" the app. There's a button that says calibrate. I press it. 30 minutes later it's still calibrating. I finally hit cancel, the damn thing quits. I turn it back on, hit A 440 on the piano again and, voilá!!! It registers as D#. Look, if you go ahead and waste your money on this app do not come whining to me when it doesn't work. Oh, and I should mention that there is NO SUPPORT WHATSOEVER on their website, NO WAY OF CONTACTING THE COMPANY/DEVELOPER, and NO WAY OF GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK. So please, don't say I didn't warn you.
The developer, IEIRISOFTWARE LAB., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Seiji Ieiri
- 2.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Seiji Ieiri
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.