One app, many smiles! Preschool communication made easy.
We asked Parents, Teachers and Preschool Administrators what they wanted in a Preschool Mobile App. Then, we developed… Ticks & Tots. Effective Communication = Improved Engagement = More Growth.
Ticks & Tots facilitates conversations between Preschool Management, Teachers and Parents… now, Parents don’t have to wait till the end-of-day to get a 2 minute synopsis on what their kid did. Teachers can send updates, photos and videos of the child that Parents can access anytime, anywhere. School Staff can set up meetings, make calendar entries, send alerts, and request volunteer support, without the hassle of sending many emails or paper reminders. Parents can save on late payment fees, know what’s missing from their child’s cubby, and help Teachers accomplish the class Wishlists. Tell us which of the features do you like best and find most useful.
Ticks & Tots is here to make everyone’s life easier.
- UI Adjustments
Ratings and Reviews
Useful...when it actually works
I enjoy this app, but I haven’t had it long and it won’t work for me much. It keeps telling me I don’t have the proper credentials. I didn’t change anything about my log in info, but it still gives me issues.
Difficult app to use
This app is not user friendly. It will crash at least once and day. When you try to remove your notifications they will re-appear if you do not click on “more” before opening the notification. I have not been able to clear out the two “message” notifications since I received them in December. When you receive a push notification it sends two notifications for every notification sent.
When signing my son in and out the app requires you to press on his class icon multiple times and will only open about 70% of the time. On the days I can’t sign my son in or out his teachers have to do it on their end.
There is no way to differentiate between the days other than looking at the date and time-other apps similar to this have some type of differentiation (ie a bold line with the date, different colors for the days of the week, a daily report).
Today my app has told me I have to update it, yet every time I go to the App Store the update is still loading.
It is very frustrating as a working mom to want updates on your child at daycare but the medium used for that communication is not dependable and not user friendly.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the detailed review. We had a new update on Friday that already addressed a number of concerns (App crashing on certain Apple devices/iOS versions; Badge count; Read/Unread on Updates/More page) that you highlighted in your review. We hope you were able to connect to the Appstore to download the latest update. The check-in/out feature was developed after inputs from a large focus group of Administrators about how they would like that feature to be implemented. We will review it again with our design team. We value your inputs - please send us a screenshot at email@example.com, if you experience any more issues, as well as suggestions for improving our App.
Clunky app - needs a lot of refinement
This is by far one of the clunkiest apps I’ve ever used.
- The log in feature constantly times out, and then sends three notifications that it timed out, after I’m finally able to log in. And it takes no less than 15 seconds to actually get logged in, if it’s going to work.
- There’s no way to “mark as read” all messages in a batch - they have to be opened manually one by one, so I’ve completely given up. For example, I get a notification about what she ate for lunch, but then to mark it as read, I have to go in and open the message, even though I got all the information I needed from the notification.
- I get three notifications for every alert the teacher sends to me. This is beyond annoying.
- But I don’t get a notifications for a direct messages with the teachers, which is actually something important. I have to manually go in to check direct messages.
Overall, it’s almost not worth implementing because there are so many core/basic user experience issues that need to be addressed.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SunPlus Data Group, Inc
- 41.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © All Rights Reserved with SunPlus Data Group 2016