Tidecast provides a unique combination of tidal data, solar and lunar times, with weather forecasts and advisories, all at your fingertips.
Tidecast is the free tide app for marine enthusiasts of all types: anglers, boaters, surfers, beach-goers, divers and even stargazers can all use Tidecast to plan their next inshore or offshore adventures.
- Current and forecast data for over 3,100 tide stations for the coastal U.S. and extended territories.
- iOS 13 Dark Mode support.
- Data from both Harmonic Reference stations (blue pins) and Subordinate stations (red pins) on an easily navigable map.
- Bookmark and manage your favorite locations for easy reference.
- 7-day "at-a-glance" high tide and low tide forecast tables combined with immediate weather outlook chart.
- 7-day Daily Weather Forecasts, with haptic weather alerts and detailed 48-hour Hourly Forecasts where available.
- 60-day extended tidal and solunar (sun and moon) table with ability to move forward and backward in time in 60-day increments.
- Share a tide day through any number of methods with the click of the share button.
- Real-time water temperature for over 240 reference stations.
- Sunrise and Sunset times for all stations.
- Moonrise, Moonset and Moon Phases for all stations.
- Moon phase image detail for every time/date displayed.
- Latitude and Longitude of selected station.
- Basic or hybrid/satellite aerial map view.
- Fast station search.
- Quick access to data for fishing, sailing, coastal recreational activities and more.
- Tide predictions sourced from the trusted data of NOAA Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- Weather data is provided by Dark Sky.
- Solunar data calculated using in-app ephemerides formulas.
Thanks for using Tidecast! This version (1.3.0) includes a handy UI update. On the map view, you can now toggle the map type (standard or hybrid) using a button on the map view instead of navigating to the settings view. The map type default setting in the settings view will still determine which map type is used on app startup.
If you find Tidecast useful, please take a moment to give us a 5-star review. We appreciate it so much and it motivates us to continue improving the app. Also, our thanks to those supporters who have dropped us an email with suggestions. We're always open to new ideas. If you have any feedback about Tidecast, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Frequently Updated and Feature Rich
Frequent updates help to reduce bugs that might get slip out on release — uncommon to see such quick attention in other apps. An Apple Watch app & complication would make this app an “All You Need” tide, weather, and sun/lunar data app. Not having to take out your phone to get most of the data you need would really help out. Only comment otherwise, it would be nice to see a separation of days in the ‘Station Detail’ — all the days mashed together makes first glance detail kind of hard to discern without looking at dates in a column. Nice app, I hope to see grow...
Great Tide and Weather App!
Have used a lot of tide apps. I like the fact I can get ALL of the information I need on a single view including tide prediction, current weather, weather forecast, sun and moon.
Great in this area because there are a lot of variations in the tides from one side of the city to the other! Really like it! Hard to use while swimming though. 😊
- John Graham
- 21.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Talendia. Tidecast is a trademark of Talendia. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.