Essential TIDES tool for sailors, divers, canoeists, fishermen, surfers, swimmers, photographers and anyone involved with sport or leisure at the seaside. At the push of a button Tides Planner allows you to see tides for 8,000+ WORLDWIDE locations. NO CONNECTION REQUIRED as the app has its own database.
One tap to tides for your favourites. Advanced users can take advantage of extensive tools to calculate time windows for entering/leaving and clearing depths.
- Tidal graphs
- Week ahead tide table
- Minimum/maximum depths
- Chart depth/actual depth
- Standard port information
- Spinning globe for rapid location search
- Search by name
- Time of sunrise/sunset, dawn/twilight
- Moon phases, rise/set
- Date of spring/neap tides
- Notepad and copy/paste + email
- Favourites and recents
- Scrolling scales
- Coefficients (France)
- Currents (UK, Ireland, North Sea, Netherlands and parts of the German coast)
From version 3.0 enhanced predictions for Europe based on our own constituent analysis system. Other countries to follow.
Worldwide coverage. Some countries have time limits from the national Hydrographic Office.
The app gives access to all its features, but the free initial download is limited to tides for one day. To get future predictions use the Extensions within the app (In App purchase):
- Year on year: use the extensions within the app (In App purchases) to enable future predictions.
- In certain countries get a Hydrographic Licence to remove restrictions.
HYDROGRAPHIC OFFICE LICENCES
During a valid year:
- Italy, USA, Canada (main ports), Australia, New Zealand, Japan and other countries: ANY DAY in the year.
- Denmark, Spain, Portugal, South Africa, Oman, Argentina: SEVEN DAYS at a time.
The following can be extended with a Hydrographic Office Licence to remove country restrictions:
- UK, Ireland, Germany and all UKHO ports: change from seven days to ANY DAY.
- Netherlands: change from seven days to ANY DAY.
- Belgium: change from seven days to ANY DAY.
- France and SHOM ports: from one day to ANY DAY.
Each Hydrographic Office Licence is ONLY PURCHASED ONCE and applies to all Valid Years.
Imray: publishers of nautical charts, books and apps. Look out for other applications in the Marine Navigation Series from Imray.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/imray_charts
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese
Predictions are based on the harmonic method, using constants from the Hydro offices (UKHO, SHOM, NOAA, BOM, CHS etc). There are differences between the app predictions and the official Hydro office tide tables, as these are based on large numbers of constants that are not made publicly available. The Hydro offices consider the harmonic methods used in this product appropriate for navigation.
Always consult tidal curves and take into account local weather (pressure and wind) and swell conditions, which can have a very significant effect on sea water levels.
• Coefficients 2021
• Tides 2022
Ratings and Reviews
An ambitious effort, but a confusing user interface
There's a ton of data presented in this app, but the numerous cryptic buttons and unlabeled numbers make it a jumble of unusable information. I'm sure the developer can figure out how to use it and what it all means, and maybe you can too, but it's not an app you can just open up and use.
It keeps informing me that I "do not have a valid annual license for this port" so I'm not sure what data is being withheld for lack of a license.
Tnx to developer and inform there is a little difference by admiralty.
Not good for use in the States. You need to buy it every year for a new license. Not worth it.
Developer Response ,
Hello, thanks for the feedback. We have to pay royalties each year for the new data and we aim to keep the cost as low as we can. It'd be interesting to get more information from you about how you use the app - feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Imray, Laurie, Norie & Wilson LTD
- 106 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Imray, Laurie, Norie & Wilson LTD
- In-App Purchases
- Tides 2012 $1.99
- Tides 2013 $1.99
- Tides 2016 $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.