Using the camera of your computer, TieCam makes it really easy to tie a tie. With TieCam you can see directly in your reflection how to tie the perfect tie knot. All you have to do is to bring yourself into the right position and follow the instruction which TieCam will give you.
TieCam includes eleven different knot types you can choose from:
* Half Windsor
* Four in Hand
* Small Knot
* Saint Andrew
Additional tying instructions can can be bought for the following knot types via In-App Purchase:
* Bow Tie
* Hanover Knot
For each knot type TieCam will show you a sequence of sub-steps which you have to imitate in your reflection. There are three different ways for you to control when the next sub-step is displayed:
* Control TieCam by noise recognition in order to have both hands free while tying the knot. If you are ready for the next sub-step, then just make a noise (e.g. a loud word, cough or whistle) and TieCam will proceed.
* Select timer control and TieCam will use a countdown for each sub-step. You can configure the length of the countdown depending on your skills
* Select manual control if you want to use your trackpad, mouse or the arrow keys to control the sequence of the sub-steps
Note: TieCam needs a camera in order to work properly. Please assure that your Mac provides an external or build-in camera (such as FaceTime or iSight camera) before you choose to buy TieCam. If you want to use noise recognition, a microphone has to be connected to your Mac.
* The app now uses face detection to automatically align the tie to your neck.
* New app name and icon
* Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Doesn’t work on iMac running high sierra
This used to be great. I loaded it up on my new iMac and the app is no longer able to access the camera. It look slike it has not been updated in 4 years. Hopefully, the developer can give this a quick refresh. It would be a great iPhone app too - could be a good application for AR Kit.
Great concept, camera doesn’t work
Camera activity light comes on, but no image on the screen. MBP w/ TB running High Sierra.
Best $.99 I ever spent.
Absolutely love this app.
So useful, so useful.
The developer, Claus Zimmermann, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Claus Zimmermann
- 15.4 MB
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
English, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Claus Zimmermann
- In-App Purchases
- Bow Tie $0.99
- Grantchester Knot $0.99
- Hanover Knot $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.