Finally, you can read and write the way YOU were meant to, with the language you think in!
Tigrinya/Tigre App opens a new world of technology for Africa's only currently used indigenous script. A free font lets you read, in almost any app, anything written in a Ge'ez script based language. Write quickly in Tigrinya or Tigre with the fastest Ge'ez language recommendation engine! The application provides a font and a keyboard to allow users to read and write on iOS without compromising the speed and convenience of using their mobile devices.
• Font installer so you can read Ge'ez script based languages in any app
• Phrasebook supporting Tigrinya, Tigre and Amharic
• Quickly enter characters in Tigrinya and Tigre
• First word recommendation engine for Tigrinya and Tigre (helps you type faster)
• BONUS - Use Ge'ez numerals with any keyboard!
• You can use Tigrinya, Tigre and Emoji on your iPhone or iPad (any iOS device)
-- Fixed minor issue.
Ratings and Reviews
I am very grateful for this app!
having no computer anymore and only using iPad & iPhone, I was unable for some time to be able to write Tigrinya, until I found this excellent app, for which I am extremely grateful!
I have one request: could the developer pease create a similar keyboard for the Sabaean (South Arabian) alphabet?
there is one issue that I wish could be corrected: in some apps on my iPad Pro, such as Facebook, the keyboard is enlarged (zoomed in), and the right-hand keys such as the Delete key are inaccessible. I’d appreciate it if you could look into this. I tried to find a way to send a screen snap showing the problem, but have been unable to do so.
Keyboards & Autocomplete Suggestions
Thank you for the development of the Tigrinya/Tigre keyboard. I found it very useful. Please check the Tigre & Tigrinya keyboards for the iPhone. My autocomplete options seem to be reversed. My words autocomplete or suggestion feature for Tigre is on the Tigrinya keyboard while my autocomplete for Tigrinya is on the Tigre keyboard.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
With best regards,
Sliding the alphabet
It is very good to have to communicate in the Mather language and your effort is very much appreciated. But I think it would be better if you could make it a little user friendly. My suggestion would be instead of sliding it may be easier the fonts come up when you press the alphabet and instead of sliding one can pick up the vowels instead of sliding.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Merhawie Woldezion
- 63.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Selam Alem
- In-App Purchases
- Eritrea Emoji - 12 Months $2.99
- Eritrea Emoji - 1 Month $0.99
- Eritrea Emoji - 6 Months $1.99