TILLI-CARDS are a reference guide for growing Tillandsia Air Plants. Whether you are new to growing Tillandsia Air Plants or an experienced collector you will find the TILLI-CARDS app to be great resource. The commonly named “Air Plants” are actually Tillandsias. Tillandsias are a Genus in the Bromeliad Family, the same family as the pineapple. Many of these air plants grow epiphytically - on branches of trees. They are growing in popularity and this new TILLI-CARDS app will guide you to care for your air plant.
TILLI-CARDS are color coded for easily recognizing plant needs – Xeric, Intermediate or Mesic. Each card contains the following information:
- Image of each plant in bloom
- Scientific name of species, common names where applicable
- Cultivar name of hybrids
- Publisher and year published for species
- Breeder and year registered for hybrids and cultivars
- Geographical range by country
- Cultural tips
- Quick reference icons for light, temperature and moisture requirements
This App is useful and convenient for anyone wanting to learn how to grow and maintain their own tillandsia – air plant collection or explore the diversity of the Genus Tillandsia.
This application has the following features:
- Browse by swiping sideways. Tap on any image to flip the card over and view details of the plant.
- Search – Powerful search engine allows search by plant name, ID #, publisher, breeder, cultural requirements, country, elevation.
- Favorites – Ability to mark any number of cards as favorites. Use this feature to highlight your own collection, mark your wish list or select different TILLI-CARDS to do a side-by-side comparison. This is especially useful when comparing a hybrid with the parents of the hybrid.
- Sharing via – Airdrop, Message, Email, Twitter, Facebook – send any Tilli-Card to yourself & friends
TILLI-CARDS™ is the creation of Pamela Koide Hyatt, the owner of Bird Rock Tropicals, a nursery specializing in the Genus Tillandsia, since 1981. Actual physical cards were produced in 2014, converting to digital with this new app. Ms. Koide-Hyatt has explored Tillandsias in habitat for more than 30 years, discovered many species new to science, produced award-winning hybrids and travels world-wide to lecture on the subject of Tillandsias.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Fixed sharing functionality.
Ratings and Reviews
This information is super helpful to have. I wish the same info was available for orchids and carnivorous plants as well. I wish it had an actual temperature range for the plant ( min and max tolerable) instead of a thermometer symbol.
It’s a good app, but the only identification cards that are free are the most common types of air plants. I already knew the names of the common ones that I have, so it didn’t help me much. It only helped me identify 1 of my air plants. To get the rest of the identification cards you have to pay $10. That seems like a lot to me. I think they should lower the price because that’s a lot for just a few names.
Only a few but a nice start.
The developer, Pamela Hyatt, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Pamela Hyatt
- 7.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Pamela Koide Hyatt
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Version $9.99
- Collectors Edition $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.