No with improved support for Tilt® Pro hydrometers.
Features of the app include reading data from your Tilt™ hydrometer, cloud logging to a variety of cloud services including Sheets, brewstat.us, brewfather.net, monitor.beer, craftmetrics.ca, and brewersfriend.com. Logging features including selectable time intervals as well as logging directly to your iPhone or iPad. Calibration features include specific gravity and temperature with ability to add/remove individual calibration points as needed. Auto-removal of calibration points that overlap. In addition the app supports Celsius and Fahrenheit as well as Plato and SG units. Improve UI makes it easier than ever to access and share your data. We are constantly making improvements, thank you all for your feedback and support.
Updated cloud logging module for improved reliability and more detailed error reporting.
Ratings and Reviews
Great concept. Still a few kinks to work out
First off: I LOVE data. Being able to watch my fermentation, know where I’m at in the process, and automagically know my ABV without having to take samples constantly is AWESOME! Kudos to the team that put this together!
That said, I believe there a still a “use ability” kinks you could (and should) smooth out:
1) API cloud keys are LONG and easily mistyped. I should be able to paste the string in the app (that I just copied from my browser on the same device). I should never have to type that string. Ever.
The fact that I can’t paste in to a field in the app is extremely frustrating.
2) this gripe is a little more difficult to implement. It would be great if you could add a small amount of writable RAM to the Tilt Hydrometer device and enable two way interaction between the app and the device. The RAM would then enable the app to write calibration points in memory so that if an app device crashed another could be brought in to continue the session.
Real world example from my current session: I was using a Fire Tablet mounted by my fermenter to log to my brew session on Brewer’s Friend. The Fire tablet decided to die and I brought in an old iPhone to replace it. It picked up the tilt and started logging to the session with no issues, but my readings are skewed now because it didn’t do the calibration.
All in all a great device that has made my brewing experience so much better! A few tweaks and it’ll be epic!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. We're still working out the kinks as you mentioned and are committed to making the app exceed expectations. A new version should be out shortly to address copy/paste issues. This has been corrected for both iOS and Android.
Regarding your second concern, we are working to implement an app syncing feature so that you can quickly copy settings by either logging in or typing in a short sync code. I agree it's inconvenient to hand copy settings from one iPhone or Android to another.
Super useful but limited
The logging features are great and accurate. However, I would love to be able to have it send me an alert once my SG reaches a certain point (so I know when to rack to secondary or to change my fermentation temperature) and when it levels out (so i know if fermentation has stalled)
Definite improvements over original, needs temp cal
Compared to the original Tilt app,
- much easier/intuitive to enter data for your tilt (old version always defaults to RED tilt)
- like ability to edit calibration points (vice always starting over)
- ability to adjust logging time is a plus
- doesn’t create a new log file whenever tilt app gets interrupted (old version kept creating new files)
- For some reason the temp calibration is missing, seems accurate enough, but prior version had a temp cal so seems like a useful feature
- had issues getting web logging going again after app was interrupted, changing log frequency got it un-stuck
BTW—had a circuit breaker trip during my last brew and temp dropped 12 deg, tilt let me see the problem right away and allowed me know that my yeast was still working—don’t know what I would have done without the tilt data!
Overall, love the product—keep it up!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear it is working better than our original Tilt app. Something we knew needing updating. We will continue to add features and bug fixes in the months to come, including temperature calibration. Cheers!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BARON BREW EQUIPMENT, LLC
- 24.2 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Baron Brew Equipment, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.