Simple, straightforward time tracking. See time right in the menu bar and control it with keyboard shortcuts. Powerful reporting and time editing capabilities. Export data to multiple formats. Tim puts you in full control of organizing your time without any extra unnecessary features.
Your data is fully secure, private and stays on your device. No accounts or internet connection required.
• Create, track and edit tasks & time records. Organize tasks into groups or with tags.
• Beautiful charts with a visual breakdown of hours, averages, & revenue.
• Filter time by day/week/month or any date range and filter by tags.
• Export to CSV, JSON, or iCal. Download all application data as a backup or to re-import it.
• Automatic backups so you don't lose your data.
• Archive data you want to keep but not see in your main workflow or menubar.
• Idle detection with prompts to handle the time when you return.
• Configurable time formatting, display, currency and sound preferences.
• Fully native macOS UI with light & dark mode support and familiar UX.
• Performance minded with a low memory footprint and respects battery life.
• Integration with AppleScript, Shortcuts, Spotlight, deep links & x-callback-url enables building custom automations.
Get an accurate view of your work week - Great for consultants, developers, designers, lawyers, remote workers or anyone!
• Toolbar start button now starts highlighted task
• Expandable pie chart
• Drag & drop importing
• Printable charts
• Added group titles to iCal exports
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent, lightweight time tracker
I'm a freelance copy-editor and proofreader and have been looking for a simple menubar app to track time that wasn't clogged up with a zillion other features and linked to a website with all sorts of power I didn't need or want. After trying maybe a dozen, included several free and paid ones, this is my favorite, I prefer it to to Clockify, Toggl, Timing, GigEconomy, and many others. Granted, for people with a more complicated freelance life, something with more power might be needed. This app is excellent at the few things it does well. Easily worth 2$.
Egg on my face! I had previously written a review about the app not working and that it was stuck. It does work. I had the timer set on showing hours and minutes only. You can set it for showing seconds as well. I was impatient and didn't let it run for the entire minute to see that it was working. My apologies! This app works exactly for what I need it for: simple time tracking and tasks.
I use it to quickly start a timer so I don't always have to login to our project manager online. Thank you for helping me get it running. Nice app!
Developer Response ,
Hi there, the timer displays in minutes by default so it would have to be running for a least a minute to see it elapse. There is also a preference to display in seconds if you’d like. Hope you’ll give it another try.
Lacking in features
Want to see how many hours you spent working today? Want to break down your work into categories? Sorry, you can't have both! Tim only lets you see your "all time" breakdown for groups (not helpful) and your daily usage for individual timers.
Want to view all the records sequentially for a day? Also not possible, you can only see all records of all time at once.
Want to search your records? Want to sort the records in your view without opening preferences (why is sort in preferences? bizarre)
These are really basic features, and its very frustrating that Tim doesn't support them.
The Tim UI is so much better than any other time manager I've seen, but my workflow (see how much I worked today, and track the different types of work I did) is not supported. Frankly I'm a little surprised its not supported.
For the dev: The "bar chart" viz for groups should probably be a stacked bar chart, not a pichart. Thus you can see both the relative proportion of subcategories, and the overall daily usage of a category.
If this feature gets added, this goes up to a 5 star.
Developer Response ,
Hi, I’d be happy to refund you if you are not satisfied and chat about features. Please contact me through support in the app, website or email@example.com.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Neat Software Co.
- 4.7 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019–2024 Neat Software Co.
- In-App Purchases
- Tim Pro $19.99
- Tim Pro $19.99