Does your child play game on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod? Do you want to control the time that the child spends on playing games on the iDevice? Then this application is just for you!!!!
Most parents are concerned about the time their child spends playing games or watching video on the iDevice. And this concern is well grounded as too much screen time can increase child’s risk of becoming obese, make it harder to get the child to go to bed and fall asleep at night, increase the chance child will develop attention problems, anxiety, and depression.
Taking into account the necessity of limitation of your child’s screen time you can use Time Limit for Parents. You just need to:
1. Set the time limit your child can play on the iDevice, e.g. you might decide that half an hour per day is sufficient.
2. Set a secret Passcode and register E-mail address to send the passcode in case of forgetting.
3. Start the timer. Now you can let your child have the iDevice. During the usage of the iDevice the child can watch how much time is still left. When the timer ends, an alarm appears on the screen, stopping your child from playing anymore. From that moment on the alarm keeps appearing unless the device is given to you and the passcode is entered.
4. Enter your Passcode to stop the alarm.
Additional settings (optional):
1. Set the default time limit for each weekday, e.g. you can set 2 hours’ time limitation for Sundays as default.
2. Set sound for popup notification.
3. Set countdown alert time. It automatically informs the child how much time is left to block the iDevice.
Time Limit for Parents works with all games and apps. Stopping your child to play the game or use other applications of your device will never be the same again. Leave negotiations with your child to this smart application and soon it will become your best friend and your child’s time management nanny.
!!!!! IMPORTANT !!!!!!!!:
● In the new greater or equal to iOS5 software small change in settings are needed for Time Limit. On the icons screen, open the settings app and tap notifications. Tap Time Limit in the list, then on the screen change the Alert Style to Alerts.
● Turn off Deleting Apps in Settings > General > Restrictions to stop app deletion by your child.
● It will be useful to explain your child the advantages of limiting the screen time :)
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- iOS 8 support (iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It's slick looking but doesn't work
I seriously wish they'd work on this app. It's obvious the developers haven't done squat on this app, because I've used it every night with my son for months and it still doesn't work. My son doesn't realize it doesn't work, because the timer does go off, and he hands it to me, but then I get it, it takes like 29 time of tapping the popup to get it to let me put in the password to turn it off...half the time or more the popup just goes away on its own. If my son realized this he'd just tap the popup a bunch and keep playing.
So basically this app is garbage and only the illusion of it working is why I keep using it. I just keep hoping the developers will come back from whatever vacation they are on and fix it eventually because so far I've yet to find any viable alternative. Sigh.
Does not stop use after countdown
This timer is literally that, it just counts down and then it's done. There is NO effect other than a little chime, and the passcode is worthless as there is no lock set in place anywhere.
This doesn't do anything to lock up the iPad after the timer goes off. I want my $.99 back, this is a rip off app. Apple, aren't you checking these out before they go on the App Store?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.