Calculate the cooking time for your Thanksgiving turkey by simply entering the weight of the meat. Quickly see the temperature and cooking time or read the easy to follow instructions. Includes information for traditional roasts such as beef and chicken as well as once in a while treats like goose or duck.
• The Independent newspaper 'The 10 Best Apps for Foodies', August 2012
• iTunes 'Apps for Foodies' feature, June 2011
• Channel4 'Top 10 food apps' website review, May 2011
• iTunes 'In the kitchen' feature, March 2011
• iTunes 'Festive Cooking Apps' feature, December 2010
• T3 magazine 'Apps of the Month', Christmas 2010
• Quick and easy to use
• Summary of cooking times
• Easy to follow cooking instructions
• How to test the meat is cooked
• Alarms to notify you of actions to take at each stage of cooking
• Configure the units you want to use: °C or °F , kgs or lbs and Gas, Fan/Convection or Conventional ovens
• Configure your oven preheating time
• Cooking preference for red meats
For the alarms to work when the app is running in the background make sure that they are switched on in the Notification Center by going into the Settings app.
Updated for new devices
Ratings and Reviews
I just got this app. It looks handy but i haven't tested the timings yet. I would like to see an update for a gas grill as an "oven".
I just used Time To Roast for the first time to cook a small rib roast. I followed all of the instructions and, although I think the fact that my roast was a little cooler than room temp caused the cook time to be extended, the finished roast was cooked to absolute perfection.
Great app just in time for that Thanksgiving Turkey
Yeah, I can do the math myself…but why bother? This app makes it so easy and I love the timer feature and the additional info. Well worth the low price.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.