Way more than a metronome, the Time Trainer adds five training tools to help you develop your own internal sense of time!
This is an accurate and stable metronome (many metronome apps out there are not) and features:
• tap tempo (to work out tempos by tapping a button),
• countdown timer (for keeping your practice to schedule!)
• many different sounds (you like cowbell, wood or xylophone?)
• accent control (for odd time playing)
• visual metronome movement with a flash on the beat
• vibrate option (on each beat or just accent)
...but then we add to that with five training tools which will really help you develop your own time feel - essential for all musicians!
• Bar Breaks • will mute the metronome for a bar or more forcing you to keep your time solid and be perfectly synchronized when the clicks return! This is a superb exercise and will really help develop confidence in holding your tempo. You can adjust how many bars are solid at the start then how many bars are solid and how many bars are muted which will cycle for the duration of the session. You can also select "random" mode and a % of bars (that you set) that will be dropped for an even more challenging practice session!
• Random Beat Drop • does exactly what it says on the tin... some of the beats (clicks) will be muted at random, forcing you to be confident with your time and not rely on the click too much. Many people chase the beat or try and anticipate it, and this exercise will help you stop those bad habits! I've personally found that the "gradual" setting is most useful, a five minute session starting at 100% with more and more beats muted up to the % that you set.
• Speed Up • is a tool I have wanted for years for my own practice so now I made one. Often when working on scales, arpeggios or licks you want to start at an easy speed where you are playing it 100% correctly and gradually push your technique by playing it faster and faster. With this tool you set a start tempo, end tempo and duration of you practice session and off you go, no more stopping to bump the bpm up a few notches every minute!
• Step Upper • Many people requested that we make a programmable mode, most likely to be used to be able to move from one consistent tempo to another, rather than the gradual increase you get in the Speed Upper. You can program a tempo for X number of bars OR minutes :)
• Subdivisions • Another heavily requested feature was to add in subdivisions for those that need to hear them, and for super slow tempo's where having subdivisions can be really helpful!
I'm sure you will find all of the tools very useful, and of course you will find full support on the justinguitar community forum - please take the time to rate and review it, good things will help promote it and anything negative will help me improve it!
Wishing you many happy hours of practice :) Justin
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
This update includes some bug fixes and UI tweaks.
Thanks to everyone for your feedback. Please keep telling us what you think about the app and how we can make it even more useful for you.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this! Only one complaint.
The main reason I purchased it was for speed up function. Brilliant idea! I only wish there was a way to set the step by measures instead of amount of time. Once you get locked into a phrase even one bpm raised mid phrase throws you off and doesn't do much for keeping time.
Just a thought.
Otherwise it's a great very intuitive app!
Very nice Metronome
This is a terrific metronome app. I have several others, including a paid app. This one is much better for learning. I love the ability to set the app up to stop the metronome after XX minutes. This lets me focus on what I'm doing, and not worry about setting a separate timer. The ability to drop beats to see if you are staying on rhythm is nice too.
Some things I'd like to see added: The app needs to rotate with the IPhone. I can't read the screen when I have the phone plugged in to power or an amp. It would also be nice to be able to set the coundown timer from the main metronome screen. I do that quite a bit, and it takes 3 screens to do it.
Easy to use, great features, bulletproof
This app was clearly designed by someone who understands and uses metronomes for actual music training/instruction. Pop it open and it’s easy to use the metronome right away. Even the advanced features were a snap to figure out.
Plus it’s rock solid and “just works” they way you’d like every app to be. I can’t remember the last time I’ve been this pleased with the value I got for a paid app.
The developer, Justin Guitar, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Justin Guitar Ltd
- 47.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Justin Guitar Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.