Timehop is the only app that lets you celebrate all your best memories, every day. Join the over 20 Million people who start their day reminiscing with friends on a nostalgic journey. It's like #tbt every day!
Webby Awards Best Social App 2017
Webby Awards People’s Voice - Best Social App 2017
As featured in The New York Times, Digiday, Washing Post, Time Magazine, and Vox.
Your daily Memories
• See this exact day in history, every time you open
• Tap or Swipe through every old photo, video, and post
• Relive your favorite vacations, parties, and weddings as they unfold
• Go back 1 year ago, to 20 years ago, and beyond!
• Easily see all the photos and videos you take on your phone and never post
• Connect your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts to see your social media history
• Connect Google Photos, Dropbox, or Flickr to see your entire history of stored photos
• Even relive where you checked-in by connecting your Swarm account
Relive the best, Hide the Rest!
• Cherish the best memories and protect yourself from the sad ones
• Hide your bad memories so you don’t see them again next year
• Go directly to the posts so you can delete them from where they were originally posted
Then & Now
• Compare the old with the new by turning your photos into a Then & Now!
• Snap a new selfie to show off just how much your hair has changed
• Or grab a recent photo of your puppy to see how big they got since they were first adopted!
Reminisce with Friends
• Share any memory easily with your friends via sms or other messaging platforms
• Post your best throwbacks and share the memories with everyone
• Crop, frame, and add stickers like you're the scrapbooking master
Your Daily Habit
• Every morning you get a new day of Timehop memories, and it only lasts for 24 hours!
• Set your alerts so you never miss a day
• Your Timehop streak tracks how many days in a row you have checked your memories
• Unlock badges and rewards the bigger your streak gets!
• Watch Abe, our dinosaur mascot, report on the news of the past
• Learn about the weird, lesser-known, and culturally significant historic moments as they relate to today
• It’s a fun nostalgic fact every day
• Don’t miss an episode of the best pop-culture nostalgia TV show
• Catch clips of the movies, shows, and music memories on this day in a bitesize format every day
• Impress your friends with your just how much you remember from your childhood
Wanna know more? Find us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @Timehop
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
- My joke writer is on vacation this week.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app
I love time hop. I really do. I love seeing memories pop up. I lost my 8 year old daughters father, who was still my best friend despite being separated, in a car accident this year and memories have popped up that I needed more than I knew. I also lost my long time boyfriend this year.. (yes it’s been a horrific year for my daughter and I) and family memories have popped up exactly when I needed them most. I never knew I would appreciate an app like this.
If I had one suggestion though that I could change, it would be to add a feature to be able to put in a date that you were looking for and be able to pull up memories that way too! I know part of the idea of time hop is to have the surprise of memories you may have forgotten but more than I can count have I wanted to search for pictures that I know I have taken before but can’t find them in my own pictures. That would be an awesome and definitely used feature in my opinion.
Thanks to the creators for coming up with Time hop! Maybe I’ll find out you actually read my feedback when you add the search feature 😉
What happened to a year ago?
Timehop used to be one of my favorite apps. Now I’m experiencing 4 issues. The first one being that none of my memories from a year ago load anymore, unless they’re just pictures I took on my phone; no Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram won’t show those memories from a year ago, but have no issues with showing multiple years prior. I have removed apps from the connection of timehop and put them back in, in hopes of fixing the issue, but to no avail. The second issue, which I have seen reviews that everyone is experiencing, is the increase in ads. It makes the app interface a little tacky the way they’re placed, and sometimes can be a little tricky to just swipe pass them seamlessly. The third issue is that a lot of times when I would click on the memory to get redirected to the original source, when I would click back into Timehop, the whole thing resets from the beginning as if I had just opened the app anew. It’s very annoying, especially when I’m about 7-8 years’ worth of memories deep, only for the app to go back to the beginning as if I had just opened it. The 4th and final issue is the amount of notifications I get per day to check it. One notification is enough to send, and it’s super annoying when I’ve already checked it for the day and I get two more notifications telling me to check it before the day ends. Please fix these issues. This app used to be very useful, but the minor issues make it a bit tacky.
Most features you liked are gone
I'm sorry team, I know you are excited and you wanted to ship, but I don't think any users were asking for this update. At least not enough to outweigh the fact that many of the features that your users like and consider an important part of the app, are missing now. I know you'll be adding back some later, but as of right now it's frustrating that I can't do things I used to be able to, all for a design update that I honestly don't consider an upgrade. I don't care how hip my tweets look or that my photos are now in frames. I can't access my original tweets any longer or click on the links within them. I can't really scroll past large photo sets, or easily past whole years like I used to be able to. You put design over function and now your users are upset and potentially permanently lost. I know I'll keep using for a little while because I'm addicted to myself, but that won't last forever if every time I try to use the app, the features that I got the most utility out of aren't there, and the experience is negative each time instead. Did you survey your users about what mattered most to them? Did you look at metrics on what features were most used? Did you do any user testing with actual loyal users? Maybe you did all of this, but for someone who got this update out of the blue, I am both not happy and am passionate enough to write this, but how much I care for your app won't last long. --user since it was just a daily email back in 2012.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TIMEHOP INC.
- 36.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Timehop Inc