Timehop is the only app that lets you celebrate all your best memories, every day. Join the over 20 Million people who start their day reminiscing with friends on a nostalgic journey. It's like #tbt every day!
Webby Awards Best Social App 2017
Webby Awards People’s Voice - Best Social App 2017
As featured in The New York Times, Digiday, Washing Post, Time Magazine, and Vox.
Your daily Memories
• See this exact day in history, every time you open
• Tap or Swipe through every old photo, video, and post
• Relive your favorite vacations, parties, and weddings as they unfold
• Go back 1 year ago, to 20 years ago, and beyond!
• Easily see all the photos and videos you take on your phone and never post
• Connect your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts to see your social media history
• Connect Google Photos, Dropbox, or Flickr to see your entire history of stored photos
• Even relive where you checked-in by connecting your Swarm account
Relive the best, Hide the Rest!
• Cherish the best memories and protect yourself from the sad ones
• Hide your bad memories so you don’t see them again next year
• Go directly to the posts so you can delete them from where they were originally posted
Then & Now
• Compare the old with the new by turning your photos into a Then & Now!
• Snap a new selfie to show off just how much your hair has changed
• Or grab a recent photo of your puppy to see how big they got since they were first adopted!
Reminisce with Friends
• Share any memory easily with your friends via sms or other messaging platforms
• Post your best throwbacks and share the memories with everyone
• Crop, frame, and add stickers like you're the scrapbooking master
Your Daily Habit
• Every morning you get a new day of Timehop memories, and it only lasts for 24 hours!
• Set your alerts so you never miss a day
• Your Timehop streak tracks how many days in a row you have checked your memories
• Unlock badges and rewards the bigger your streak gets!
• Watch Abe, our dinosaur mascot, report on the news of the past
• Learn about the weird, lesser-known, and culturally significant historic moments as they relate to today
• It’s a fun nostalgic fact every day
• Don’t miss an episode of the best pop-culture nostalgia TV show
• Catch clips of the movies, shows, and music memories on this day in a bitesize format every day
• Impress your friends with your just how much you remember from your childhood
Wanna know more? Find us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @Timehop
- Bug fixes and improvements
- You didn't hear it from us, but if you open Timehop while crossing the international date line you can open a wormhole that will take you back to that awkward moment you can't stop thinking about and do things differently this time
Ratings and Reviews
This is a 5 star app !!!
If you are nostalgic and sentimental THIS IS FOR YOU !!! The cloud takes most of your pictures and put some just where it says it is in the cloud and sometimes they don’t always come back right then but time hop take snapshots of all your photos on your phone and then four years from now it posts it and your and you love it who doesn’t know anybody that’s got kids or grandkids especially babies love it and I am no exception....Having said that ...there is no way to upgrade TIME-HOP to a premium version THEREFORE it has THOSE PESKY ADs. that is the only con I can think of to this app but they’re cute ads ((if there is such a thing...:)) i ???still don’t know what the word TURNT means but ya gottA love those cute frames and the dinosaurs thumbs up 👍 or even that word WAAAAAAT??? Uber creative TIMEHOP !! Kudos guys b. This is the only app that does this so yay time hop !!!
Ps TIME HOP ??? Can you help me out and tell me what that dang word turnt means ?? It’s driving me crazy !!! And BTW y’all are number 1 in this app corner .
.(((cheezy grin but cute still ))) oh and crossing my fingers 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🙏🙏🙏🙏
Most features you liked are gone
I'm sorry team, I know you are excited and you wanted to ship, but I don't think any users were asking for this update. At least not enough to outweigh the fact that many of the features that your users like and consider an important part of the app, are missing now. I know you'll be adding back some later, but as of right now it's frustrating that I can't do things I used to be able to, all for a design update that I honestly don't consider an upgrade. I don't care how hip my tweets look or that my photos are now in frames. I can't access my original tweets any longer or click on the links within them. I can't really scroll past large photo sets, or easily past whole years like I used to be able to. You put design over function and now your users are upset and potentially permanently lost. I know I'll keep using for a little while because I'm addicted to myself, but that won't last forever if every time I try to use the app, the features that I got the most utility out of aren't there, and the experience is negative each time instead. Did you survey your users about what mattered most to them? Did you look at metrics on what features were most used? Did you do any user testing with actual loyal users? Maybe you did all of this, but for someone who got this update out of the blue, I am both not happy and am passionate enough to write this, but how much I care for your app won't last long. --user since it was just a daily email back in 2012.
What happened to a year ago?
Timehop used to be one of my favorite apps. Now I’m experiencing 4 issues. The first one being that none of my memories from a year ago load anymore, unless they’re just pictures I took on my phone; no Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram won’t show those memories from a year ago, but have no issues with showing multiple years prior. I have removed apps from the connection of timehop and put them back in, in hopes of fixing the issue, but to no avail. The second issue, which I have seen reviews that everyone is experiencing, is the increase in ads. It makes the app interface a little tacky the way they’re placed, and sometimes can be a little tricky to just swipe pass them seamlessly. The third issue is that a lot of times when I would click on the memory to get redirected to the original source, when I would click back into Timehop, the whole thing resets from the beginning as if I had just opened the app anew. It’s very annoying, especially when I’m about 7-8 years’ worth of memories deep, only for the app to go back to the beginning as if I had just opened it. The 4th and final issue is the amount of notifications I get per day to check it. One notification is enough to send, and it’s super annoying when I’ve already checked it for the day and I get two more notifications telling me to check it before the day ends. Please fix these issues. This app used to be very useful, but the minor issues make it a bit tacky.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TIMEHOP INC.
- 35.1 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Doubledub Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.