Create time lapse videos that span days, weeks, or even years without special hardware or leaving your phone in the same spot.
Not just your iPhone, but anybody standing in the right spot can add a picture to the TimeLens. Geolocation, Footprints, and HoverMode make it easy to align the pictures.
• Scan any part of the globe to reveal TimeLenses using TimeLens Explorer
• Easy and intuitive alignment: HoverMode superimposes a pic in the TimeLens over your shot
• Get in the right spot with Footprint: a picture of where you stood when you started the TimeLens
• Use the self-timer and a tripod to get everbody in the TimeLens. Long-press the shutter button to activate.
• Create private TimeLenses that are only visible by you
• Create viewable TimeLenses that people can see, but only you know the location
• Dynamically adjust the speed of the TimeLens playback
• Overlay and compare two pictures with SideSwipe
• Long press rows to change the HoverMode pic, select pics for SideSwipe, rename or delete TimeLenses, or delete pictures
• Export a TimeLens to your camera roll and share it on Facebook, YouTube, etc
• Export before-and-after pictures, SplitPics (half pic A and half pic B), and GridPics (4 pics of your choice)
• Send a deep link to your friend directly from the app. They will open your TimeLens with one tap.
• Offline mode: create TimeLens and add to existing ones even when you don't have internet access. The app will sync your pictures after you go online again.
Major fix to adjust to web host changes. Huge apology to all the TimeLens users! The web host company I use made some fundamental changes that broke TimeLens for quite some time. I am uploading this version to restore all the existing functionality, and I plan to have an upcoming release that will enable users to restore any pictures that were not uploaded correctly between the version 1.34 and 1.35.
Ratings and Reviews
Innovative and easy to use interface to track time lapse pictures over time.
This is definitely good for people who want to take photos of something and mash them together. However, it won’t let you upload your other pictures in your camera roll and there is no camera switch option. That was something I wanted to use.
Unable to use without providing GPS access
This app requires you to provide GPS access even though you start a project that clearly says private GPS (home project). You can’t progress pass the provide access prompt.
It also stores the images on their server. Not your phone, then is cheeky enough to ask for $1 to cover the cost of storing larger HD photos. Really? My phone can hold THOUSANDS. No cost to me.
Don’t waste your time.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Sorry to read your review, but I'd like to respond to your concerns. The app uses the GPS coordinates on every TimeLens to know if you're close enough to add a new picture or not. So, Private TimeLenses still store the GPS location, but the location is only used by your account. Nobody else can view your Private TimeLenses. If you want other people to see your TimeLens, but you don't want the location shared, you can make it Viewable.
Pictures are stored on the server, like you mentioned, and there are reasons for this. First, the app intends to be a social, crowd-sourced time-lapse video app. The pics need to be on a shared server so all users can view and add to the TimeLens (if it's public). Second, if you are making TimeLenses over a span of 10 or more years (like mine of my daughter growing), the odds are that you'll upgrade your phone. You can continue the TimeLens for years and all the pictures will be on the server (at my cost) for as long as I can afford it. It is absolutely free to use the app for standard definition pics, but I only charge for storing HD images ($1 per TimeLens...which can be thousands of pics for one TimeLens). Third, with the images on the server instead of individual devices, you can use multiple iPhones or iPads to add pictures if they are logged in with the same account.
I hope this explains why it's set up the way it is. I'm not trying to be cheeky at all, and I truly hope you give the app a chance and make some cool TimeLenses!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Saril Raghu
- 4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Syngraphics.com
- In-App Purchases
- HD Timelapse $0.99