Create time lapse videos that span days, weeks, or even years without special hardware or leaving your phone in the same spot.
Not just your iPhone, but anybody standing in the right spot can add a picture to the TimeLens. Geolocation, Footprints, and HoverMode make it easy to align the pictures.
• Scan any part of the globe to reveal TimeLenses using TimeLens Explorer
• Easy and intuitive alignment: HoverMode superimposes a pic in the TimeLens over your shot
• Get in the right spot with Footprint: a picture of where you stood when you started the TimeLens
• Use the self-timer and a tripod to get everbody in the TimeLens. Long-press the shutter button to activate.
• Create private TimeLenses that are only visible by you
• Create viewable TimeLenses that people can see, but only you know the location
• Dynamically adjust the speed of the TimeLens playback
• Overlay and compare two pictures with SideSwipe
• Long press rows to change the HoverMode pic, select pics for SideSwipe, rename or delete TimeLenses, or delete pictures
• Export a TimeLens to your camera roll and share it on Facebook, YouTube, etc
• Send a deep link to your friend directly from the app. They will open your TimeLens with one tap.
• Offline mode: create TimeLens and add to existing ones even when you don't have internet access. The app will sync your pictures after you go online again.
Bug fix and some cool additions! Thanks to user feedback on the App Store, we discovered a bug when registered email addresses had a "+" sign. That's fixed now!
Sometimes, a 50% split just won't do it. Now, when you slide the A:B location, the SplitPic has the same location when exported. Also, exported before-and-after and SplitPics have the timestamps on them.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Innovative and easy to use interface to track time lapse pictures over time.
Unable to use without providing GPS access
This app requires you to provide GPS access even though you start a project that clearly says private GPS (home project). You can’t progress pass the provide access prompt.
It also stores the images on their server. Not your phone, then is cheeky enough to ask for $1 to cover the cost of storing larger HD photos. Really? My phone can hold THOUSANDS. No cost to me.
Don’t waste your time.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Sorry to read your review, but I'd like to respond to your concerns. The app uses the GPS coordinates on every TimeLens to know if you're close enough to add a new picture or not. So, Private TimeLenses still store the GPS location, but the location is only used by your account. Nobody else can view your Private TimeLenses. If you want other people to see your TimeLens, but you don't want the location shared, you can make it Viewable.
Pictures are stored on the server, like you mentioned, and there are reasons for this. First, the app intends to be a social, crowd-sourced time-lapse video app. The pics need to be on a shared server so all users can view and add to the TimeLens (if it's public). Second, if you are making TimeLenses over a span of 10 or more years (like mine of my daughter growing), the odds are that you'll upgrade your phone. You can continue the TimeLens for years and all the pictures will be on the server (at my cost) for as long as I can afford it. It is absolutely free to use the app for standard definition pics, but I only charge for storing HD images ($1 per TimeLens...which can be thousands of pics for one TimeLens). Third, with the images on the server instead of individual devices, you can use multiple iPhones or iPads to add pictures if they are logged in with the same account.
I hope this explains why it's set up the way it is. I'm not trying to be cheeky at all, and I truly hope you give the app a chance and make some cool TimeLenses!
Great for showing the changes over time. Easy to use. Give it a try!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.