Timeline 3D is the simplest way to create beautiful multimedia timelines.
Present historical events with Timeline 3D to reveal connections and clarify relationships. Make timeline charts of world history, family trees, fictional stories or business deadlines. Timelines help you understand and present history with new perspective!
* Present your timelines full screen and with 3D perspective
* Add images, movies, or PDFs to events
* Quickly enter events with dates and times in any global format
* Include optional information such as notes, web links, and tags
* Choose from different background themes
* Import your timelines from previous versions of Timeline 3D and Easy Timeline.
* Designed for Mac OS X Yosemite
FEATURES WITH IN-APP PURCHASE
* Print your timelines on a single page, formatted for your paper size
* Export PDFs to share your timeline with anyone
* Export movies of your animated timeline at sizes up to 4K
* Export slideshows to PowerPoint and Keynote
* Export a WebGL website to add interactive 3D timelines to your website
* These features can be purchased individually or as a complete package.
TIPS & TRICKS
* Enable AirPlay Mirroring to view your events on your device while presenting your timeline
* On capable devices, use voice dictation to enter text and dates
* Use arrow keys to fly over events in a 3D presentation
* Use spacebar to zoom in on media files in your presentation
* Entering the date also sets the date format (for example, January 20, 2015 or 1/20/2015)
* Use iCloud or Dropbox to share timelines and media files between devices and your Mac
If you have feedback, questions, or need help solving a problem with your timeline, we want to hear from you! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fixes related to presenting embedded movies.
Ratings and Reviews
Major Step Backward
I was a regular user of the previous version of Timeline 3D. I used it for educational projects, websites, business presentations. Loved that version. Unfortunately, with this Yosemite-ready version the developer has taken a major step backward in terms of usability. I can’t address any technical improvements though I’m sure there are some; I think the pricing structure is fair; but, oh my, how I hate the UI interface for event entry and the fact that you cannot edit right in the timeline view. Making event entry separate from the timeline in progress is virtually an unusable way of building timelines efficiently. The entry window itself is not the problem; in some ways it’s nicer than in the previous version. But having to go back and forth between entry view and 3D timeline view is murderous, killing creativity and productivity. And I really, really miss the 2D timeline view while in editing mode, and the ability to move quickly between and adjust events. 3D view only—and no editing function—is misery.
I hope the developer rethinks this aspect of the program and brings back the ability to enter events on the timeline in 2D before then choosing 3D to view final comps. Until then, I remain a non-Timeline 3D user—which makes me sad.
Forced upgrade to a less functional product
I downloaded this new version of Timeline 3D when I upgraded to iOS Sierra — I had been using one from 2011, but that version can’t even be opened in iOS Sierra. So, I downloaded this compatible version, particularly to open projects that I created in the past.
As users of the education version have commented, this new version doesn’t have a horizontal bar that marks the length of events… That’s an important feature for understanding the duration and overlap events in a timeline. Nor can you overlay multiple timelines, which also helps visualize complicated events. Also, you still can’t zoom in to see events or a smaller span of time in the 3D when your timeline spans many years by a scrolling function or zoom—the events remain tiny and unreadable. I’d be willing to pay for a version that could do those things.
I’m at a loss to say anything that’s “better” about this upgraded version… Using this to visually organize information is worse that the previously helpful and useful versions. If you’re using a legacy version of Timeline 3D, be sure to export all your files in PDF or some format that isn’t dependent on Timeline 3D before upgrading to Sierra or downloading this version.
This application has deteriorated terribly
What a huge disappointment, this application has gone from good to terrible. I used this application many years ago to generate timelines for a few projects of mine at work and it was great, it did what I needed it to do, it was easy to use and the timelines it produced looked good. I decided to use the product again for some personal projects recently and what a let down. The app is irritating to work with because there is only a 3D view, no 2D view and the 3D view keeps jumping up and down while you are looking at it for no apparent reason, this is so irritating it is causing me to look for another package to create timelines with. I also find the lack of a 2D view very irritating, a 3D view is only necesary when a timeline is interative so making the 3D view the default is in my opinion extremely stupid. The user interface is clumsy, the lack of detailed customisation is limiting and the price to unlock all the feautures of the application is ridiculous if one consider's how limited the functionality of the application is. I think this application has gone from being excellent to being a piece of junk software.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BeeDocs, Inc.
- 15.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 BEEDOCS, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Everything Bundle $14.99
- Printing & PDF Export $4.99
- Export Slideshows & Image Sequences $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.