Setting a timer shouldn’t be a chore. Tap to start, tap to stop, tap and hold to edit. That’s it. That’s Timer.
Lovingly crafted to provide the effortless management of up to fifteen customizable reminders. Your time is limited and shouldn't be wasted trying to decipher complicated apps. Get Timer today and get on with your life!
For news and updates, follow @Timer on Twitter.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Updated for iOS 11!
If you like Timer, please take a moment to leave a review, it really helps! Please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://help.contrast.co for help.
Ratings and Reviews
Not bad but....
I had high hopes for this app as it is very easy to use and the quickest app for setting alarms. However, the alarm sound isn't very loud unless you have the volume on your iPhone or iPad turned up if you don't the alarms are pretty low. In a quiet environment, they may work ok, but if you plan to use this in a work or somewhat noisy place, you probably won't hear the alarm. Maybe an update will fix this. Also, an iPad version would be really nice. One can only hope. Alarm needs to be louder and it needs to interrupt what is being used when it goes off. If I'm playing music on my Bluetooth speaker, the timer ends but without any sound/alarm that the time is over. Also, the alarm needs to keep going until turned off. This app has great potential but needs some nice improvements.
Nice timer app
I’ve just started using it. I like it a lot and I think it may become my goto timer app. I agree with all the good things said about simplicity, ease of use, etc. and I bought the ultimate bundle of glyphs and sounds.
There are two improvements I’d like to see.
1) When a timer goes off a message appears saying “You’re 30 minutes timer has ended.” What’s the point of having all kinds of fun glyphs for labels, or the option of a text label, if the message doesn’t use them? Yesterday I had timers going for three different things – meds, laundry, picking up a friend. When the timer went off, how did I know which one it was? If I could remember which one I set 30 minutes ago, I probably wouldn’t need the timer in the first place!
2) More everyday and household glyphs: books, dishes in the sink, laundry, cooking-related glyphs, something a little spicier than a valentine heart (but still able to pass parental controls) for a hot appointment…, a chair, a bed, a tableset for a meal, someone going for a walk (not all of us are runners), you get the idea.
Good multiple timer!
The ease of use for this timer is fantastic. I can set many timers to count down different things and the pre-sets can be adjusted. They sell additional bundles that include color themes and attractive glyphs to identify what the timer was counting down. All of this is fine within the app itself. The purchase of any of the bundles stops the ads from appearing.
Outside the app, when the timer counts down the notification appears as a generic announcement. I haven't found any way for the theme color or glyph to show up to remind me what the timer represented. I tried to contact the developer to ask for this feature but they don't have anything more than an information page for the Timer app.
If I'm paying to use these items within a free timer app, I would expect them to be useful in the function of the app. Right now, they serve only as an identifier for saved timers within the app. I wish the developers had gone the extra step and added this useful feature. Actually make the Ultimate Bundle worth the $10.
The developer, Contrast, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Contrast Apps LLC
- 66.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Contrast
- In-App Purchases
- Serene Sounds $0.99
- Ultimate Bundle $9.99
- Glyph Labels $1.99
- Sound Bundle $1.99
- Midnight Theme $0.99
- Future Sounds $0.99
- Incandescent Theme $0.99
- Nature Sounds $0.99
- Anodyne Theme $0.99
- Glimmer Theme $0.99