Timo and the Magical Picture book
An interactive picture book
Timo receives a picture book made by his Uncle Nick. It’s a very special book, because once you open it, you will be inside it. But you’re not supposed to shake the book, otherwise everything will get completely mixed up.
A truly amazing and hilarious app, which you won’t resist shaking! Make plates fall from the cupboard or see how mother bakes a cake in the washing machine.
The app starts with beautiful animations you can swipe through. As soon as Timo is inside the magical picture book, you can manipulate the pages by shaking your iPad, blowing into its microphone, and touching page elements. When Timo and his family fall out of the magical picture book into the living room you can enjoy the animations again.
• Story by Rian Visser, author of more than 50 children’s books.
• Appealing illustrations by Belgian illustrator Klaas Verplancke, winner of the prestigious Bologna Ragazzi Award 2001 and many other awards.
• 10 full animations, interactive elements like shake, turn, swipe, tap and blow. Special sound effects and narration.
• Blow into the iPad’s microphone and make Timo grow as big as a balloon!
• Digitalstorytime: Overall this book is fabulous. If you're looking for a book your child will come back to over and over, this one is not only a sure bet, but also one adults will enjoy.
• Appenthusiast: This is where the book as an iPad app really shines. You (and your children) can shake or tilt your iPad in a way that would change the objects shown within the book.
• Apps4kids: This is a delightful book app that got a nice spot on our virtual bookshelf for night time reads.
• Theiphonemom: I enjoyed the clever, quirkiness of this story and I think the illustrations are very appealing. Timo and the Magical Picture Book is an original story that translates well to the tricks of the iPad.
• iphonefootprint: An excellent app for parents and kids to enjoy together.
• Downloadbookforipad: This appealing picture book comes to life by an amazing amount of interactive features and very professionally made animations, together with special audio effects.
• Kids-apps.moby: “Don’t tell Uncle Nick how the story ends!”
Remember to SHARE YOUR REVIEW below. It means a lot to us!
STAY UPDATED about the launch of our new apps!
Follow us on Twitter: @books2download
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haarlem-Netherlands/Books2download/130453663695567
Books2download is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages 1-3, 4-7, 8-10, 11-12, all
Categories: Books, Classics, Early Learning, Reading
Have a look at our trailer on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSOP7T48paY
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
updated for new iOS
Ratings and Reviews
I love picture books, so it's always fun to find a good story that works well in an app...appropriate interactions that support and the story while engaging the young reader. This is a good one.
Great for SLPs
This is a fantastic app that I will be using a lot in my speech and language evaluations and therapy with my preschoolers and young elementary students. When you chose to "read the story", you get all the animations and the interactions, but the story is not narrated (although the text still appears). I will be using this option to collect language samples and facilitate expressive language skills. I love the animations and they really provoke my students to talk about what's happening on the screen. I hope for more stories in this series.
Not very interactive.
I bought this book thinking a lot more would happen while timo was inside his parcel. Nothing really happens on a lot of the pages, despite shaking and tilting my iPad. Even on the pages where things do happen, it's simply not vey exciting.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- RIAN Visser Grafisch Ontwerp
- 162.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0–5
- © 2010 Books2download
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.