Tinkerstellar: Learn Python/ML 4+
Learn Python and data science
Designed for iPad
Learning Python and exploring data science has never been easier — completely free and without ads!
Tinkerstellar makes learning to code and diving into data analysis easy and intuitive — so that everyone can learn Python and level up their data science skills with our step-by-step tutorials.
With Tinkerstellar you can:
• Learn programming and data analysis at your own pace
• Solve interactive Python programming exercises with immediate feedback
• Practice with coding projects solving real-life problems
• Learn the basics of machine learning with out step-by-step lessons
• Run coding exercises in the mobile code editor that works like a Python IDE
Tinkerstellar is just about the most accessible and effective way to learn to code in Python and apply your Python skills in data analysis, machine learning and computational science. Our Python programming and data science courses are built in a form of ‘labs’, bite-size lessons with coding exercises. These exercises are as interactive as it gets: you can write code in Tinkerstellar’s mobile code editor that works like a Python IDE and runs your scripts locally on your iPad, completely offline.
With Tinkerstellar, you can fit learning to code into a busy daily schedule, whenever you have a few minutes to spare. Tinkerstellar lets you learn the basics of Python and data science by tinkering, and what you tinker with are actual industry-standard tools, real world data, libraries and APIs. No need to configure environments, unpack datasets or rely on networking connection to execute code — our labs come with everything already pre-installed, and all coding scripts run right on your device.
By setting aside as little as five minutes per day, you’ll go through the coding classes and learn the basics of Python, data analysis and machine learning. Along the way, you’ll write real code and practice programming by playing with projects solving real world data science and machine learning problems — which makes Tinkerstellar a great way to learn to program and start coding for beginners. Tinkerstellar’s bite-sized Python coding lessons make it possible to learn to code at your own pace: coding tutorials and challenges are there for you to discover and learn more, whenever you get a bit of time to spare and wherever you are. Install Tinkerstellar for anytime, anywhere access to numerous coding topics and assignments — completely free and without ads.
Tinkerstellar is a great way to get introduced to the world of data science and machine learning. Install Tinkerstellar and start with the coding lessons in Python, solving real-world problems of computational science!
What's new in 1.3.1:
• Fixes lab pages not loading on Mac
Also in 1.3:
• Easier progress tracking: you can now see your progress for each installed tutorial
• Python upgrade: Tinkerstellar now comes with Python 3.10
• Better performance: the app is more stable, remains in background for longer, and avoids unnecessary restarting and reloading of pages — so that you always return to wherever you left off
• Fixes for a whole lot of crashes, bugs and various smaller UI and usability issues
Make sure to update the labs you have installed previously, so that they keep working with the upgraded Python environment. Happy coding!
Ratings and Reviews
I can’t believe this is free. I already previously purchased the developers Juno Apps which I can recommend highly.
If I could make one recommendation > it would be nice if the lessons would allow highlighting similar to iBooks.
Easy to Understand
I think this is the most important thing in this app that it is easy to understand and follow along .
Simple and perfect to quickly understand Python
The text is simple to read and tricky differences are highlighted and pointed out.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rational Matter Ltd
- 415.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Rational Matter Ltd