Create hauntingly beautiful, soul capturing portraits with TinType by Hipstamatic. Inspired by daguerreotypes, tintypes, and other photographic processes from over a hundred years ago, TinType faithfully reproduces these amazing images with stunning accuracy.
• Four authentic TinType effects: classic B&W, hand-painted color, high contrast dark B&W, and sepia stained ambrotype
• Fully customizable effect controls: tweak the eye intensity, plate grain, and depth-of-field
• Supports Portrait Mode (on newer iPhones*), for the most authentic TinTypes ever
• Change point of focus while editing (available on images shot in Portrait Mode)
• Full frame or square format
• Capture images or import from your photo library
• Edit right from the Photos app with a photo extension
• Nondestructive photo editing – the original is always saved so you can revert back to the camera raw file at any time
• Easily share to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and more
* Portrait Mode capture available on iPhone X, XS, XR, XS Max for front-facing and rear-facing cameras; also supported on iPhone 7 Plus and 8 Plus for rear-facing cameras
• Support for latest iPhones and lenses, including depth mode with rear-facing camera on older iPhones using dual wide-angle lenses
• Fix a bug causing images to process in landscape aspect ratio instead of portrait during editing
• Fix a bug where previous edits were not restored during editing a TinType
• Other user interface bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This incredible filtering tool will have you looking old-timey in no time. Hipstamatic’s awesome app is truly like nothing we’ve ever seen, transforming portraits into photographs that look hundreds of years old. Plus, thanks to a Photos app extension, you can edit pics right from your library.
Love this so much!
This is my favorite photography app. There are just two things that I wish it did (and find frustrating that it doesn’t)... 1) Be able to select photos to edit from certain albums, such as Favorites, and most importantly 2) Be able to resize/recompose photos in the app. I hope you’ll consider adding the ability to do these two things in the next update and make this app even more awesome. 🙏🏼
The Eyes, Framing & Filters Need Tweeking
It’s fun, but I agree with some, that the way it captures eyes needs fixing. It makes everyone’s eyes look like they are about to undergo cataract surgery. I also disliked the filter ranges. If you want to capture the mood of something rotting, or a cemetery photo shoot, this will work well. Most of it’s filter range hovers between over maxed airbrushing, or moldy soap bubbles. If you have strong sharp features and large pores, this will be a nice capture of your image, and you’ll do better, but there are some really attractive faces that this filter does not compliment.
I do think it is an enjoyable filter and think it is worth the price.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hipstamatic, LLC
- 119.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2022 Hipstamatic, LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.